300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my background ok?

When I was 15 years old my buddies and I shot a house with a paintball gun just twice. Causing no damage. Didnt get in any trouble just a lot of stress after because since I was little I have always wanted to become a cop. This is the only thing I have ever did that was bad, never did drugs, and never drank alcohol.

Pretty much everytime my friends have tried to give me alcohol or drugs I have looked at what I wanted to be and how that could affect my chances of being a police officer, with me thinking that in my head at ever time I have said NO. Honestly, I dont know why I paintball'd a house but was very immature.

I am asking this now 4 years ago, now 19yo and seeing in two years I will be appling for police departments and just would like to know with me shooting a house (only with two paintballs) will this affect my chances?

Thank you for your time

BE SAFE

Originally posted by jrsadowski View Post
    When I was 15 years old my buddies and I shot a house with a paintball gun just twice. Causing no damage. Didnt get in any trouble just a lot of stress after because since I was little I have always wanted to become a cop. This is the only thing I have ever did that was bad, never did drugs, and never drank alcohol.

Pretty much everytime my friends have tried to give me alcohol or drugs I have looked at what I wanted to be and how that could affect my chances of being a police officer, with me thinking that in my head at ever time I have said NO. Honestly, I dont know why I paintball'd a house but was very immature.

I am asking this now 4 years ago, now 19yo and seeing in two years I will be appling for police departments and just would like to know with me shooting a house (only with two paintballs) will this affect my chances?

Thank you for your time

BE SAFE

MAKE IT STOP HURTING!!!

Comment

Start drinking or your BI will think your anti social and wont know how to party.

Comment

On your PHS,Polygraph Questionaire, or similar document, you'll be asked if you've ever commited a crime/offense for which you were not arrested or prosecuted. There's where you mention the paintball deal. It's not going to be a killer,so don't agonize over it.

Comment

Originally posted by jrsadowski View Post

Thank you for your time

BE SAFE

This will be an interesting answer.....

Only YOU will know if you will pass your background investigation.

Seriously. NO ONE knows anything about you. But YOU know everything about you. Once you fill out paperwork for a BI then the person doing the BI will find out things about you.

Ask yourself a question? AM I PERFECT? The answer will almost always (with a very few very notable persons) be, no.

Agencies are not looking for people that are perfect.

Apply and go for it!

Comment

Dude, if that's the only thing on your background your biggest problem will be your background investigator is likely going to not believe you're that clean until after the polygraph.

Comment

I always find it hard to believe these stories about "i never once drank alcohol"....

Comment

Originally posted by Fast4Door View Post
                I always find it hard to believe these stories about "i never once drank alcohol"....
                My first sip of alcohol was when I was 19.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4496 users online. 234 members and 4262 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X