300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long do I give...

Through the steps of becoming an Officer... How much time does it take on an average to hear back after you go over the PHS/Background info with the hiring SGT. How long before you get called in to do the Polygraph or even told that your not being called in? Thanks
    Last edited by Tasha_Cole_17; 08-22-2008, 06:37 PM.

I took me almost two years to get hired, and based off my personal experience, the time frame varies from angency to agency. It could be a matter of days, weeks, or months before you hear any thing. For example, I turned in my PHS to one police agency in July '07 and I STILL haven't gotten a response. Not that it matters any more because I was recently hired by a different agency.
    Last edited by bluemonkey712; 08-23-2008, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Stay determined and resolute

Originally posted by Tasha_Cole_17 View Post
      Through the steps of becoming an Officer... How much time does it take on an average to hear back after you go over the PHS/Background info with the hiring SGT. How long before you get called in to do the Polygraph or even told that your not being called in? Thanks
      You may NEVER hear from them again. This actually happened to me last year with an agency that completely had me believing I was good to go with them...they recruiter actually told me, "Don't apply anywhere else!" God, have I wanted to write them and/or call them and ask WHAT HAPPENED? But I am on the verge of starting with a much closer (geographically) and better paying agency. And, I have taken enough ride alongs to know that I actually get along with most of the people there...so I am psyched!
      Anyway, as long as you have an active application, there is nothing that says you cannot call them and ask, "Can I know my status?" Some might think that it too forward, but all they can ever say is NO.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6142 users online. 327 members and 5815 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X