300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psych Eval

Almost done with the hiring process, psych eval is scheduled for the 29th.

Whats it like? Advice?

Mine was very quick the dr already had reviewed my test that I took and as soon as I got to his office he was very informal and said you will do fine . It took all of 20 minutes or less.
    My life is in GOD’s hands, and he hasn’t finished with me yet.

Comment

Apparently it varies GREATLY depending on the agency....please refer to my post from several weeks back involving my psych eval....it's listed below.

EXTREMELY long Psych. Eval. this morning

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well folks, like I said....I had my psych evaluation this morning and from what I had been reading on this site, I was somewhat prepared.......for about 30% of it!!!!
      Needless to say, the test was confusing. I mean, there were several trite little things that I was asked to do that I understand the meaning of and others that I have NO clue whatsoever what they signified.
      My test consisted of 1 fill in the bubble test that was about 352 questions long and closely resembled the one that everyone has mentioned on here. I then had another bubble test very similar to the last one that was about 200 questions long. Then there was a personal skills test, and interpersonal skills test, some math, some "attention to detail" type picture questions, some "draw the shape you see on the page" type things, etc, etc. It took FOREVER. At the beginning of the process, the Doc told me that I would be speaking with her for about an hour in addition to the written tests. The Doc then came in mid-test and told me to immediately put my things down and that it was time to talk. I get it.....the unexpected! How exciting! Anyway, she asked me some basic reasoning questions, had me draw some shapes, had me look at some attention to detail photos, had me arrange little blocks to form shapes, etc, etc.
      Now, after that HUGE mouthful, there is only one test that I did that I had ABSOLUTELY no clue what it signified....not even a guess. I was given a small piece of wood<--picture a clipboard. At the top of this wood was a small button type mechanism <--picture a flat trigger. This "trigger" was attached to a dial counter. I was told "Go" and I was to push that trigger as many times as I could in 10 seconds. I was then told to do that 4 more times for a total of 50. I was then asked to do the same thing on my left hand. Now, at first I was thinking maybe testing dexterity, but only my index (trigger) finger was tested on both hands. Now, I'm going completely out on a limb here, but could this test be strictly police related (read trigger finger related)<--I know that this sounds far fetched, but I'm stumped. Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance.
      The place where you made your stand never mattered. Only that you were there... and still on your feet.

Comment

Well that was a very interesting experience... awaiting results now Should hear back around friday.

Comment

All Depends on the Agency

Originally posted by Jacob827 View Post
          Well that was a very interesting experience... awaiting results now Should hear back around friday.
          From what I have gathered, both from my own experience and that of officers that I knew in the academy and/or have met along my application adventures is that the Psych is nothing more than a "profiling" exercise.
          The doc is given a list of certain character traits that that department prefers in its officers and all the questions, exams, and interviewing are meant to elicit the responses that will either qualify as "one of them" or NOT.
          What I have learned is that most departments want officers that pretty much are black and white in their responses. What I mean is that they do not like recruits that answer a lot in the "grey" areas. Either you are STRONGLY opposed or in agreement. Not somewhat, and definitely never UNSURE. These are supposedly NoNos.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6303 users online. 378 members and 5925 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X