Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Online CJ Degree

Hi,

I don’t know if this is the correct section to post this question in and if it isn’t sorry,

I am curious about your guys opinions about the completely online AAS CJ Degrees?

do they look the same as if i went to a JR college?

Has anyone here received you CJ Degree from a online college?

Do you guys have any recommendations on an online college?

i have looked at a couple of different colleges and some are based out of other states (university of Iowa) will they teach Iowa law or California law (where i live).

Thanks Guys
    Mike

Originally posted by Hellbringer View Post
    Hi,

I don’t know if this is the correct section to post this question in and if it isn’t sorry,

I am curious about your guys opinions about the completely online AAS CJ Degrees?

i have looked at a couple of different colleges and some are based out of other states (university of Iowa) will they teach Iowa law or California law (where i live).

Thanks Guys
    Mike
    Yes I have an online AA in CJ degree from University of phoenix. They don't teach you laws for that state you will learn about U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights and criminology and terrorism.

This degree will not teach you how to be a police officer nor will it have a major part of it in the courses you take. Although you will learn about police and various other law enforcement agency s and community programs.

If you go to University Of Phoenix its accredited nationally and accepted by law enforcement agency's as a good degree.
    It's not cheap either its like $1,600 a course and some change .
    My life is in GOD’s hands, and he hasn’t finished with me yet.

Comment

The most important factor you should look at in an on-line college is it's accreditation, or lack of it. It the school is not properly accredited, no degree it confers will be worth much. Before you spend what can end up being a considerable sum of money, check out any school with your state department of education. If it's not accredited, avoid it and look elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSchwoe
        Not just accredited, but either regionally (preferrably) or nationally accredited. These are the only accreditations that are recognized in the U.S by the Dept. of Education. Use this website to determine if your school/degree is accredited: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/
        Absolutely!! Thanks Schwoe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbringer View Post
          Hi,

Thanks Guys
          Mike
          I received my BS in CJA from Bellevue University, Bellevue Nebraska. The program was an acellerated program as I already held an AS degree. Good program, expensive but well worth it.

Comment

I received my BS in CJ from Roger Williams University in Rhode Island. My diploma looks the same as if I had sat in classrooms for the year I went. Here is a link to their tuition page: http://www.rwu.edu/about/administrat...continuing.htm

They are regionally accredited and rank 8th for Northern colleges in the US News & World Reports annual college rankings. The tuition looks to be quite a bit cheaper than the University of Phoenix with a better accreditation. The instructors were very knowledgeable and willing to help. I had instructors who backgrounds ranged from State Police Lt's to a State Supreme Court Justice to Academics.
            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5628 users online. 312 members and 5316 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X