Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background Check Question

Hey all,

Got a quick question. I recently posted a thread about a driving incident I had about a year ago. I know that when you apply to any department they perform a thorough background and polygraph examination on you. My question is that in your experience, how throughly do they look into your driving history other than your official driving record and how far back into the past do they care about? Thanks everyone
    Last edited by LC88; 08-20-2008, 03:16 AM.

if you go to the RCMP web page, they have a document that lists all the questions they will ask an applicant in a polygraph test. It may be different from the American Police services, but it kind of gives you an idea.

Comment

They're going to check your driving history and they will find the accident as well. If they see something isn't right they may even go to talk to the person you were involved in the accident with. Trust me, they're going to check and it's better to be prepared for it right up front. Don't think it willgo away or they won't know about it.

Comment

ok thanks everyone for the replies. My concern was about an accident that happened a little while ago. Without sounding redundant, i posted it under "Becoming a police officer question about driving record" if you want to read it. The accident was me being young and dumb, plain and simple. I don't have any criminal history nor has there been anything on my driving record. My concern is that the police report stated that the accident could be my fault. I want to be honest about my past and when I eventually tell a department about this accident, even if its a few years from now until i apply, they will DQ me because of it. Even if my driving record is clean from here on. Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by LC88 View Post
          ok thanks everyone for the replies. My concern was about an accident that happened a little while ago. Without sounding redundant, i posted it under "Becoming a police officer question about driving record" if you want to read it. The accident was me being young and dumb, plain and simple. I don't have any criminal history nor has there been anything on my driving record. My concern is that the police report stated that the accident could be my fault. I want to be honest about my past and when I eventually tell a department about this accident, even if its a few years from now until i apply, they will DQ me because of it. Even if my driving record is clean from here on. Thanks again
          All things being equal, one accident won't DQ you. Put it on your PHS, or similar document. Shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

thanks for the reply. Like i said i was just concerned because it was me being young and dumb and moving across the yellow line in front of him so he couldn't pass. I feel bad about what happened and thankfully no one was hurt. It just makes me think that since it was a stupid act on my part it will get me DQ'd

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5668 users online. 324 members and 5344 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X