300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input wanted on an oral board scenario

I had an oral board today and one of the scenario questions I was faced with went like this:

I am on patrol with another officer and we stop a car that was involved in a burglary. When I read the report, which was written by my partner, he states that there was burglary tools in plain site on the front seat. What I saw was the tools were hidden under the front seat and in the trunk. What do I do?

My answer: I would question my partner as to why he wrote what he did and suggest that he change it to reflect where the tools actually were located.

Their followup question: My partner refuses to change the report. Now what do I do, if anything?

My followup answer: I simply stated I would again suggest he change the report and then I would have to escalate the issue to a higher ranking officer.

I feel like I answered it appropriately and I don't think I backtracked to change my initial answer. What do you guys think? Right, wrong, whatever. I'd just like some feedback or opinions, perhaps some examples of how others would have answered the question.

You were fine.

Comment

Well I have to admit, I was expecting more than a single reply. Thank you AzDogs for yours.

Comment

Originally posted by AzDogs View Post
        You were fine.
        agreed

Comment

The main thing about scenario questions is to see if you have a somewhat reasonable answer and to see if you flip flop around or can stand by your decisions. Sounds like your answer was fine.

Comment

mind sharing any of the other scenario questions you were asked? I've got my scenario-based oral next month...

Comment

Integrity is huge here. You may not want to feel like you're a snitch about every little thing but when it comes to scenarios with false reports, stealing, illegal stuff, etc you have to take action and you have to say something. You did so good job man! Here's one for ya: "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmond Burke

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4636 users online. 282 members and 4354 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X