300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CVSA tomorrow

Waiting on my CVSA tomorrow, i found out today im taking it. Any advice other then be honest? I plan on telling them everything, im just worried that things will run through my mind, even if ive disclosed them....

How'd you react to your first cvsa? Were you worried?

Been there, done that, many times.

Use the O.com search function. You'll see we've beaten this subject to death a few times.

Some will say it's voodoo science, "the inventor is a quack/fake", etc. And all those things may be true.

The bottom line is that it's an interview, with (hopefully) a skilled interviewer. Relax. The biggest problem is when people are asked questions, give an answer, then ask themselves (internally)..."Wait, is that right?" The pre-CVSA intreview is intended to settle one down and have their mind at-ease, when they answer questions.
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Im not looking for any real science to it, just stressing and looking for an outlet to vent. Ive never taken one and its the only thing that im truly worried about. Just because i've read about so many people who have failed it that contend they did it honestly.

Comment

Passed. Thanks!

Comment

I don't want to be dense here but-

CVSA around here means Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance- the folks who certify commercial vehicle enforcement officers for USDOT...

what the heck are you referring to?
          ---Cut the red wire---

Comment

Computerized Voice Stress Analysis. Now trying to overtake the polygraph.
            "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by juicesnn4e2
              Jacob827 im confused. you went through the whole academy, and now you need to do a CVSA and physical and meet with the chief? what kinda police do you work for?
              In northern florida, to get accepted into an academy you don't do a CVSA. Basically, in smaller cities you self sponsor yourself through the academy. Only the CJBAT and college entrance exams are required to get into the academy. However, you're NOT guarenteed a job just because you finish the academy. Once you complete the academy, you take your state certification. Once done with the certification, then you apply to an agency (Most agencies don't have their own academy, small departments, between 35 - 200 officers). So they only accept certified officers. When you apply, you then have to be interviews for the position, then you undergo the CVSA (Computer Voice Stress Analysis) and the psych eval.

Hope that helps

Comment

here, we have 40 officers, and like the rest of MD, I was hired first and THEN put through the academy.
                The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                that we are all that stands between
                the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5259 users online. 267 members and 4992 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X