300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Long Journey - Well worth it

Hi all, I just wanted share my process with SDSO and what I have had to do.

I first took the written test in June of 07. Met with BI a few weeks later and he conducted background. Something pops up in my finances, I owe $1,500 to a cell phone company from when my ex-girlfriend ran the bill up and split. So i miss the upcoming academy because I have to pay off that debt which takes me 3 months!.

Hooray I get to move on to CVSA/Interview/MED/Psych. I pass everything except my freaking hearing test. Turns out I had meningitis as a baby and lost a little hearing. So i now i have to take the hearing test with a hearing aid ( and miss the current academy). I save up another $1,500 to pay for the hearing aid. I pass thankfully.

Now im in right?. Nope. Turns out during all of this my certification had expired so i had to retake the written and hope to get my scores back before the 29th. lol. Which I did.

so after over $3,000 spent and alot of time as well, I finally get slotted for the 29th class for SDSO!

I just wanted to let people know that no matter what gets thrown at you, you have to make a choice and deal with it. Ive learned that things DO NOT go as planned, and how you handle it shows alot. So to any of you who feel down or don't think your process is going well, just keep your head up and fight for what you want!
    Last edited by Aseyesee; 08-11-2008, 11:40 PM. Reason: spelling

Well, all I can say is congrats! I really mean that, God bless and good luck!

Comment

yea good luck man. Wow what a mission!

Comment

Great Job!!

Originally posted by Aseyesee View Post
        Hi all, I just wanted share my process with SDSO and what I have had to do.

I first took the written test in June of 07. Met with BI a few weeks later and he conducted background. Something pops up in my finances, I owe $1,500 to a cell phone company from when my ex-girlfriend ran the bill up and split. So i miss the upcoming academy because I have to pay off that debt which takes me 3 months!.

Hooray I get to move on to CVSA/Interview/MED/Psych. I pass everything except my freaking hearing test. Turns out I had meningitis as a baby and lost a little hearing. So i now i have to take the hearing test with a hearing aid ( and miss the current academy). I save up another $1,500 to pay for the hearing aid. I pass thankfully.

Now im in right?. Nope. Turns out during all of this my certification had expired so i had to retake the written and hope to get my scores back before the 29th. lol. Which I did.

so after over $3,000 spent and alot of time as well, I finally get slotted for the 29th class for SDSO!

I just wanted to let people know that no matter what gets thrown at you, you have to make a choice and deal with it. Ive learned that things DO NOT go as planned, and how you handle it shows alot. So to any of you who feel down or don't think your process is going well, just keep your head up and fight for what you want!
        I actually like reading posts such as yours because I can absolutely relate to them.
        I screwed up my first job offer by telling a "little white lie" about how a job ended. When the truth came out during their BI, although the truth actually made me look good in reference to that job, because I had lied they beuracratically had to let me go. And I had passed EVERYTHING up to this point (Oral/Poly/Psych/Med/Treadmill).
        While going through the process for that job, I had turned down another agency's offer--because I thought I was IN. Well, when I tried to reapply with them, they turned me down. Couldn't blame them.
        Now I have been turned down 4 times since by other agencies because of my credit history.
        But, finally, I am on the verge of reaching my goal with a good agency because I did not veer from my goal of working as a LEO. I honestly feel that my "sticktoitiveness" has served me well. This agency seems to like my overall appeal as a person and doesn't try to pigeonhole me into a cookie cutter image of what a Peace Officer should be.
        Yeehaw! Don't ever give up!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3299 users online. 163 members and 3136 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X