300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do BI's check your emails?

Curious as to whether or not a background investigator for a local police department would gain access to your emails. I don't have anything too detrimental in mine, save for the occasional naughty picture or two. Just wondering if this is something they would do, if I should watch the language I use in my email, etc.

Thanks
    You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, come with me.

Never had one ask for my password, although most ask for the email address. Without your password, I don't see how they could access the content of your emails. But I'm not a computer guru, so I'm not really the one to ask.

Now personal web pages, those are definitely fair game. Clean those way up, or better still, delete them. Ideally, there should be absolutely nothing anywhere in your background that's controversial in any way. Don't hide your past, but clean up your present.
    If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

MySpace, Facebook, Friendster, etc.

Originally posted by mfh83 View Post
      Curious as to whether or not a background investigator for a local police department would gain access to your emails. I don't have anything too detrimental in mine, save for the occasional naughty picture or two. Just wondering if this is something they would do, if I should watch the language I use in my email, etc.

Thanks
      Social networking sites are absolutely fair game as far as BIs are concerned. They are interested in what types of people you allow to post to your pages. Also of interest is what types of blogs you write and or pictures you post on the web.
      Basically, they want to make sure you aren't the type of person that will post up Confidential info...such as patrol footage of a fellow officer subduing a suspect with their ASP. Wouldn't look good out of context!
      I also think that anyone looking to get into LE should be mature enough that they have moved beyond all these sites anyway. Just my opinion though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3975 users online. 157 members and 3818 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X