300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Books?

I'm wondering if there are any books that anyone can recommend for those of us going through the application process. In another life, I applied for LAPD and read Daryl Gates' book and found it very helpful to learn more about the agency and it's history. This was at the dawn of the internet when you were charged by the minute.

I'm specifically interested in books that can shed more light on community policing (and not just the text book versions). The college courses I've taken in CJ gave me all the text book versions I need LOL.

In any case, I'm looking for thought provoking books / reading material to prep for the oral boards.

Thanks in advance!

Rebecca
    Moosie

New Castle County PD (Delaware) application process
    Written Test March 30, 2011 (passed)
    Physical Fitness Test May 14, 2011 (passed)
    Oral Board June 7, 2011 (passed)
    Polygraph July 25, 2011 (passed)

Contact or visit Santa Ana Police Department (Santa Ana, California). They have a very good booklet and/or check their website on Community Base Policing.

Good luck and test well.
    Good Luck and Test Well!
    Author of: How to become a peace officer by Wayne LeQuang (google it)

L.B.P.D. Academy #75
    6 month of pain, for a 30 year career.

visit: youtube.com "Black Monday" Great Video from LASD.

Comment

I was wondering if any one might now where I can obtain definitions for basic law term ie. Burglary, theft, robbery, ect... I was advised to study up on the basic detentions before attending the Academy. Can you recommended any where or anything that may help? Thanks!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5156 users online. 319 members and 4837 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X