300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High School Summer Jobs

I'm 31 years old. During the background investigation, do they really call all of the previous employers you list? My 1st job was tutoring a 2nd grader in math,spelling, and reading. I still have the mother's address and phone #, but it's been 14 years and they've moved out. I tried a google search, but that came up empty. Should I just list the info I have and state it's no longer valid. Also do you think it's a good idea to call our old employers from years ago to make sure they remember us as I can't even remember the name of the kid I tutored back in 1994. How can you expect a boss to remember an employee who worked for them for only a few months more than 10 years ago. Of course I'm only talking about my old high school and college jobs during the summer.

I had the same kind of issue, just list what you have. As far back as it was they are not going to be concerned anyway.

Comment

Agree - be specific about what you did and they should understand why you don't have everything.

Make a good faith effort to get every detail, and it will be good enough.
      If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

Go ahead and list the job. Provide as much information as you can. These situations happen all the time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3083 users online. 169 members and 2914 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X