300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empoyment History

1. I had many jobs and alot I really dont remember so I wasn't able to list them will I get penalized for that in the interview?

2. The last job I put on my application I was terminated from this happened during my application process I left it as still employeed. Will I get penalized for this?

First off, in your employment application packet for whatever LE agency you're applying for, I am pretty sure that they stress the importance of having ALL YOUR INFORMATION as accurate as possible.

In fact, I can't believe I still have my candidate packet saved and scanned...but that's just my O.C.D of filing things I guess... here is how mine read EXACTLY.

Candidate Notice:
    Carefully read your information packet. Make sure you properly sign
    and notarize it in all locations where indicated. The packet must be
    complete, legible, and accurate. You are responsible for providing
    accurate information, including current, verified phone numbers for all
    of your references and prior employers. Failure to do so may result in
    your disqualification for consideration from employment.
    Include a readable photocopy of your current driver’s license with your
    packet, along with all other documents requested.

this should help answer your question about 1. You could possibly be DQ'd, my advice...get it RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, WHICH IS THE ONLY TIME.

2. As for your job that you were terminated for, you have to list this as well as list the why you were terminated. Depending on the circumstance, it's up to the agency or department to make that call...your job is to do what is asked of you to do on the application and make sure you put down everything as accurately.

Comment

So at the interview I should just tell them that? I mean thats they only thing that I did wrong actually I never used drugs, was never convicted etc...... I know I was suppose to put it down but I didnt have the supervior name and the number thats why.

Comment

Originally posted by Swat View Post
        So at the interview I should just tell them that? I mean thats they only thing that I did wrong actually I never used drugs, was never convicted etc...... I know I was suppose to put it down but I didnt have the supervior name and the number thats why.
        Depending on the dept. or agency you are applying for, the interviews differ. sometimes; some places will go over your entire application packet, and some will just have a face to face interview with a panel etc. I would say, in your interview, tell them exactly what is asked of you, if they didn't ask you about your last employer, than obviously you don't answer that.

Here is another thing, putting down that you did not have the supervisor's name or phone number is inexcusable...it tells them that you did not put fourth any effort to find and track that number, it also shows that you possibly may be hiding a "matter of fact" information by purposely omitting it from the application. There are many ways to back track and find numbers to places you've worked out or your last residencies. At least find the name/number of where you worked, call them up and ask them if that supervisor is still around, if he's not....than find out if YOU had another supervisor or manager and put their name down. If he was your only supervisor, than put the number of the business down for the supervisor's number if need be. The person at human resources etc. or background persons will be doing the tracking down and calling up people/places/things while you're going through the employment process. They'll eventually find things, and have will access everything about you; they will check and compare to see how accurate the information is on your application.

Comment

Originally posted by Swat View Post
          1. I had many jobs and alot I really dont remember so I wasn't able to list them will I get penalized for that in the interview?

2. The last job I put on my application I was terminated from this happened during my application process I left it as still employeed. Will I get penalized for this?
          How badly do you want this job? Many applicants have had multiple jobs prior to applying. It's your responsibility to provide the department with as much information as possible concerning your employment history. You fail to do this at the risk of being DQ'd or simply not being considered further for employment. Accuarately reporting your employment history will possibly require some effort on your part. It's imperative that you do your best. Sometimes, a prior employer goes out of business, a supervisor leaves the firm, etc. Departments are fully understanding of circumstances such as these. They will not be understanding of a slipshod, hastily submitted, ill-prepared employment history. Bottom line: You shoot your honest best shot.

Comment

I did not read the whole forum but you can get a detailed earnings statement from the Social Securtiy Admistration. The cost depends on how many years you have to go back. This will list every job you ever had unless some were under-the-table. I am twenty-nine and started working at 15, I have had alot of jobs in 15 years, this paper work helps out the application process alot.
            Last edited by _GLOCK_; 08-09-2008, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Well the interview is coming up on the 22. Thats why I asked.

Comment

AT this point, the interview is the least of your worries....the accuracy of the information you needed to provide for your application is something that should have been there the first time around. OH well, what's done is done.

and by the way, you're welcome.

Comment

I didnt think you were done.
                  lol Thank You very much.
                  Saying that do you still think I have a chance I mean I did mess up but there are police officers that have done worst then this.

Comment

I'm sure there have been those who have accidentally missed an entry or two; but at the very least, YOU WANT EVERYTHING TO WORK TO YOUR ADVANTAGE.

The whole point of making things accurate, dressing appropriately, having a clean record, getting good grades throughout school (high G.P.A), non-drug use, or alcohol use for that matter, a clean record, and also a clean record for work history and good references. Everything counts, and you don't want to be the one where one little instance of not accurately detailing your work history could result to having you edged out by the guy who had just a clean record as you, just as good grades as you, but filled everything out properly.

I'm sure you're fine, hopefully the person doing the background information from your application may not realize what you did....but chances are, it's their job to find things like this.

Just concentrate on your interview....what blew the socks off of my interviewers and (soon to have been immediate supervisors) was the fact that I dressed for success, I brought in a note pad in a professional leather outer book, and when the questions came flying at me...I made good eye contact, wrote the questions down as they asked me...and than gave them my best answers. Don't need to ramble on and on....you will see them taking notes and outlining your main points, don't lose focus...just concentrate on the question and answer it as professionally as possible.

Another note, HAVE QUESTIONS FOR THE INTERVIEWERS....do not ask things about benefits or what not, that stuff you could get beforehand or find out on your own, ask credible questions such as "what is a typical day like in the job I am going for....how does it begin, etc. etc." Another thing, at the end of the interview, I thanked each and every interviewer and gave them a firm handshake, eye contact and a gracious smile. I also asked politely for their business cards and that really took them by surprise as no one else reviewed had thought about that...one of the interviewers looked at the other and gave that look like...."dang! I want this guy on the team kind of look..."

Good luck!

Comment

The one I just filled out (for lateral) said "IF you CANNOT remember, State So in the block"
                      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                      that we are all that stands between
                      the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                        Sometimes, a prior employer goes out of business, a supervisor leaves the firm, etc. Departments are fully understanding of circumstances such as these.
                        Read this topic and one of my questions i have been curious about came up kind of. My first job no longer exists (building is even gone) and the supervisor has also left the company. I put that store closed and no longer exists in the little space provided but have been nervous because it creates a few blanks on my background packet. It shouldnt be such a big deal than right?
                        Good... Bad... Im the guy with the gun

Comment

Thank You. Pkease wish me lucks guys. Whew lol Thanks again though interview I am going to do my best.
                          Can I get an idea of what kind of questions they ask in a interview?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5166 users online. 316 members and 4850 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X