300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote mic for your Radio?

I have the Motorola XTS 5000 and was issued the (HMN4084A) GPS Speaker Microphone. I HATE it. I do A LOT of running on the job and this bulkly thing is ALWAYS flopping around on me and then the earpiece comes out and the radio is blaring out my position.

I am looking for something that is simply a lapel mic with push to talk features and an earpiece.

I do NOT want an additional push-to-talk on my radio. A co-worker has a Tactical Ear Gadget set-up and he hot-mics all the time due to the additional p-t-t that is part of the adapter on his radio.

Ideas? Thoughts? What do you use?

Thanks for your time and help!

Be Safe out there Brothers/Sisters!

Try earhugger. They make good mics for that model.

Comment

I'll check it out. Thanks!

Comment

No problem. I use the mic that mine came with, it's just a speaker and a ptt button. All the new guys have this super fancy GPS mic that has a remote channel knob, remote volume controls, remote E-button, and a bunch of other stuff. It's a pain in the *** and a lot of them are looking for different mics as well. Good luck.

Comment

Thats the one I have. I dont mind it at all. I just hate how bulky it is and when I run, I just can't keep it in place no matter how I fasten it onto my shirt. I need something smaller and lighter that will stay put.

Comment

Now that I see that you are another BPA, try going to the electronics shop and see if they'll give you one of the older mics. I don't know if it'll work on yours or not, but it's worth a try. The only downside is that the ear piece plugs in at the radio instead of the mic.

Comment

Not a fan of that style at all either. I think I am going to just go shopping on my own

Thanks for the help and stay safe out there.

Comment

You too, Brother.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6328 users online. 321 members and 6007 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X