300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Nite Out!

Yesterday was national nite out. My town hosted several tables for real estate, ballistics(never understood that), voter reg, community services, and half the dept officers.

PD had some food catered(hot dogs and soda). They gave out some awards to PO's. Bomb squad ran the robot and cruisers lights for the kids.

Army had a full loaded hummvee flip top with 50 cal on the back. I think over all the town had a good time. Rain ended party a little early.

What did your depts do if anything?

I was told (because I have the week off) that we did a K-9 exhibit, an SRT display, fingerprinting of the kiddies, food, meet and greet blah blah blah and then they "walked" through the downtown area to "get an idea." Yeah, if they wanted an idea of what it's like to walk a beat, they should have taken a leisurely stroll through the projects. It was suggested by a few of us, but the brass felt like the citizens would be in danger.
    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

We had a UH-60 Blackhawk land, our lieutenant and our heaviest officer played in the dunk tank. We also had both fire departments showing off their toys, the rope/rescue team showing off their skills, the ambulance crew giving tours of the meat wagon, a K-9 display, computer/internet safety display, and some of our squad cars on display.

And of course, I was stuck on a child-custody dispute for the whole event because some stuck-up 14 year old kid didn't want to go to Tennessee with his mom... even though the judge ordered him too...

Although, I did get to see the Blackhawk land... I think my Sergeant might get a life-saving pin for keeping me from blowing away...
      sigpic

Comment

We had four different neighborhoods participate this year. One had a dunking booth, a visit from Hard Rock Theme Park with giveaways, tons of food and police! hehe

In fact, everyone, I mean just about everyone attended. We have our K9 units, beach patrol with boats, T3s, GEM cars at all of them. And all were fairly well attended by our communities. The mayor and most council members showed as well.

Target, the national sponsor, also rode around with us. We have a great relationship with them. Overall, in our city it was a huge success. Our four communities this year all work great with law enforcement and as a result the crime statistics in those neighborhoods really reflects community involvement.

Here is the video clip and thats me on the interview:
        http://www.scnow.com/scp/news/local/...e_beach/12153/

Comment

Wow awesome events! Makes me kinda sad of my little village, but we had a big old fashioned pool party! Great turnout and everyone had fun!
          The above comments reflect the personal, off-the-record, unofficial opinions of the individual posting them only, and in no way, shape, or form should be taken to indicate any particular opinion, policy, or belief by the poster's or any other agency, governmental entity, organization, or corporation. Thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

We just had to drive around town with our lights on.

Nothing special... oh, and do numerous foot patrols.

The public just sat on their porches... nothing special. No Black Hawks, no dunk tanks, no parades.
            The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
            that we are all that stands between
            the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

I got a page to go visit the two that were set up on my beat. I stopped in and listened to folks, ate some chicken wings, shook hands with the young'uns and then went back to work.
              I miss you, Dave.
              http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5773 users online. 331 members and 5442 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X