Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of antiwar protesters?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downtown Hound
    replied
    Originally posted by ten08
    But why bwould you be posting personal opinions about the war on "Ask a Cop".
    It would be more appropriate on Off Duty
    Yeah, I think you're right. This is just kind of where the thread has gone. Really all I'm doing is answering the questions being asked of me or responding to comments at this point. Sorry if it really doesn't belong here.

Leave a comment:

• Downtown Hound
    replied
    Originally posted by Linkshinter View Post
    I believe peaceful protests are a healthy experssion of someone's civil rights.

I do not agree with protesters that become violent or protest at inappropriate times.

I.E. A FUNERAL FOR A SOLDIER IS NOT AN APPROPRIATE TIME TO PROTEST A WAR.
    Allow me to just address this Phelps issue that keeps popping up. I assume you're talking about Phelps, because they are the ones that make a practice of picketing the funerals of dead soldiers.

I can more than understand why some of you probably want to rip that man's beating heart from his chest, but I think I'll you'd find in there is a corrosive, putrid, rotten ball of hate. Liberals have their own history with the Phelps clan, back when they picketed the funerals of people that died of AIDS. I no more support what he does than I support the Bush administration.

Leave a comment:

• Downtown Hound
    replied
    Downtown hound:

I'm a former Marine and Iraqi War vet. I worked in a prison while busting my *** to get a college degree.
    Congratulations on your accomplishments. I worked my way through two college degrees myself.

After all of that I finally became a LEO.
    Congratulations once again.

I'm the husband of a beautiful wife and the father of two strong boys and the sweetest little girl I could ask for.
    You are a very lucky man. I have a beautiful girlfriend that I’m thinking about asking to marry me sometime this year. No kids yet but right now I like it that way. I guess you and I are both very lucky.

I'm 28 years old and have seen more of the real world than you ever will.
    I will concede that, I’m certain that that’s true. I think anybody that’s been to war has probably seen more of the real world than those who haven’t.

How would YOU like it if someone kicked in your door and grabbed you out of your bed?
    I would really hate that.

How would YOU like it if someone strapped YOU down to a metal chair and electrocuted YOU for hours on end.
    Well that really depends on the context. Under the right circumstances and with the right person, that could actually be fun. In the context I believe you’re talking about though, I think that would be a horrible experience. I would probably scream, cry, beg for mercy, and pray to God that it would soon be over all the while doubting that he’s really listening due to the fact that I’m in this situation in the first place. That wouldn’t stop me from praying. Supposedly there are no atheists in foxholes, and I doubt there’s too many people in the situation that wouldn’t send out a Hail Mary to the stars in the hopes of ending their torment.

How would YOU like it if after those monsters were done, they hung YOU upside down and slit YOUR throat and let YOU bleed out like a ****ing deer!
    Again, the only good thing about that would be that the torture would soon be over. What is this in reference to exactly? Saddam’s torture chambers? They were terrible places weren’t they? Even worse than the ones we set up after we invaded and the other ones that we have secretly stashed all over the world. Saddam’s troops really should have just done the naked pyramid thing. It’s not as messy and it makes for a great Kodak moment.

I bet YOU have never done one thing to help someone who was in need if it mad YOU uncomfortable.
    Wow. You’ve never even met me. The only contact you’ve had with me has been through a few dozen anonymous posts I’ve made on an internet forum, and you actually feel qualified to make a statement like that? How remarkably arrogant of you. LOL.

Have YOU ever felt what hot metal feels like when it rips through YOUR skin?
    No. To anyone that has, including you, I am truly sorry that they suffered like this.

Have YOU ever been shot at while YOU were handing out food to starving little kids?
    No. And the previous statement applies here as well.

YOUR spoiled and selfish *** dose not know the meaning of freedom because YOU have never seen or felt what its like to have it taken away.
    Exactly how am I selfish? I protest the war to take a stand for people’s lives that I have never met. Am I spoiled? Well, I’ll admit, what I do does not involve as much sacrifice or as much pain as what you have done. In that sense I could see that I might appear privileged to you, and perhaps even spoiled. However, to me the definition of spoiled means you keep getting whatever you want time and again without really having to work for it. The Iraq War was never something I wanted. It was something I didn’t want.

As for everything else that I have in my life, I have it because I worked for it. I lost both of my parents before I was even old enough to drink legally, and I’ve been on my own ever since. I got myself a college degree, became a media professional, quit that as a matter of conscience, got myself another college degree and now a new job, and all through it my activism for a better world has never ceased. You can call me spoiled and selfish, your opinion of me really doesn’t matter a whole lot. Personally, I think I’m neither.

And with the exception of the brief time I’ve spent in jail, you’re right, my freedom has never been taken away from me. Maybe my understanding of freedom is limited from where you stand. Then again, perhaps I understand a lot more than you think I do. In either case, I have no way of knowing for certain, and never will unless something happens to me that will cause me to view freedom in a new light.

How dare YOU try and come here and rip apart what many good men and women have given to YOU.
    That honestly wasn’t my intention. I really came here out of curiosity more than anything. I just wondered what it would be like to talk to some of the faces underneath the riot masks that I have seen on more than one occasion. However, I was pretty much attacked from the get go, and felt I had to at least defend my position. As contentious as this thread has been at times, trust me when I tell you it’s a lot more civilized than the last time the police and I had a disagreement about the war.

YOU said that this is the most intelligent right winged sight on the web. Let me tell YOU what that tells me. It tells me that YOU have been brain washed and conditioned to think that anyone that does not agree with YOUR opinion is wrong.
    No, no, no Catch, you’ve got it all wrong. I came to that conclusion completely on my own, without any brainwashing or external conditioning whatsoever.

No seriously, look, I’m right sometimes and I’m wrong sometimes. We all are. When it comes to issues such as the Iraq War, I make decisions based on what I can learn and what I think the best course of action for all involved would be. In the case of Iraq, I feel as though myself and all other protesters have by and large been vindicated in our beliefs that this war was unnecessary, wrong, and catastrophic in terms of its consequences.

Guess what MY beliefs are. That anyone, yes even YOU, has the right to say and think what they want. And guess what? I would go and lay down my life to continue to give YOU that right.
    I appreciate that Catch. Really I do. And even though I don’t wear a uniform, I would do the same for you. You may or may not believe that, your choice. I’m really not going to waste my time trying to convince you, and in all likelihood, we’re not ever going to get the chance to find out. But I’m an activist because I believe in a lot of the same principles that you do. We just have different ideas on how to get there. And I would die for my cause, regardless of whether you believe that or not. But thank you for being willing to give your life to protect my freedoms. I just don’t think the Iraqis ever really posed a threat to them or my way of life.

Forget all of YOUR 'facts' and 'proof'.
    Yeah, who needs those? It’s much better to form opinions on important world issues based on rigid or religious dogma, gut reactions, emotional impulses, and the little voices in our heads than it is to actually look at all the data available to us and come up with a reasonable course of action. That’s the way Bush has governed for the past eight years, and look at how well it’s turned out for everybody.

How does it make YOU feel that someone who has a family, someone YOU have never even met, would give his life so YOU could continue to do the things YOU do?

Well!?! How does that make YOU feel?
    It brings up many emotions in me Catch, gratitude being a very strong one. But with that gratitude comes a little bit of sadness. The sadness comes from the fact that you’re so willing to die for me, and yet, that’s the last thing in the world I want to happen. I would rather you simply listen. Of all the people in the nation, we protesters are the ones telling you that you don’t need to do this for us. It’s all those other people, the ones that stay silent, they’re the ones asking you to die for them.

It was asked of me very early on if I felt I spoke for all anti-war protesters. No I don’t, but I do think I express sentiments that would be similar to many of them. Tell me, do you think you speak for all veterans? Because I happen to know, you do not. Do you know how many veterans from all wars are in our movement? Thousands, and quite possibly tens of thousands. I marched alongside veterans from just about every war that still have the men who fought them left alive, including Iraq. I have seen them get gassed and arrested committing civil disobedience. Contrary to what you might think, we do not spit on them, we do not call them baby killers, and we certainly don’t shun them. We love them most of all in our movement, because they are the ones that bring our point home the most. We honor their sacrifice by attempting to turn it in to something lasting and good.

I thank you for your willingness to die for me. But believe it or not, I am capable of fighting my own battles. In the event that I thought a war was really necessary to maintain my freedom, I would join. But this is the cause I have chosen to fight. This is the struggle I think really matters.

If you want to see the Iraq Veterans Against the War in action, here’s a clip of them at the DNC of last year. If you want to spare yourself six minutes of liberal propaganda (truth), then wait for the video to download and move the slider to about 6:20. Here the vets lead an unpermitted march to where the delegates are holding their convention, and the police refuse to bring out the gas because of who they are. A beautiful scene. I hope you appreciate it as much as I did. Enjoy, and I wish you and your lovely family nothing but the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_-Ne47Wj8E

Oh and, if y’all really want me to leave and be done with me, you should really stop kicking this thread. It’s just so tempting to come out and play when I see it keep getting brought back from the dead.
    Last edited by Downtown Hound; 01-03-2009, 09:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Downtown Hound
    replied
    Originally posted by DeputySC View Post
    I think its great they get out there and protest! They were always fun to watch and you see alot of 'intresting' people. Anti-war Protests also generate funny things to watch on youtube.
    I'm glad you enjoyed yourself DeputySC. We do make great youtube videos don't we? I'm on a few of them myself, but at this time I don't care to share which ones. LOL.

I posted a little youtube clip at the end of my next post below. I think it's pretty cool what happened in it.
    Last edited by Downtown Hound; 01-03-2009, 09:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Linkshinter
    replied
    I believe peaceful protests are a healthy experssion of someone's civil rights.

I do not agree with protesters that become violent or protest at inappropriate times.

I.E. A FUNERAL FOR A SOLDIER IS NOT AN APPROPRIATE TIME TO PROTEST A WAR.

Leave a comment:

• catch um and ba
    replied
    Downtown hound:

I'm a former Marine and Iraqi War vet. I worked in a prison while busting my *** to get a college degree. After all of that I finally became a LEO. I'm the husband of a beautiful wife and the father of two strong boys and the sweetest little girl I could ask for. I'm 28 years old and have seen more of the real world than you ever will.

How would YOU like it if someone kicked in your door and grabbed you out of your bed? How would YOU like it if someone strapped YOU down to a metal chair and electrocuted YOU for hours on end. How would YOU like it if after those monsters were done, they hung YOU upside down and slit YOUR throat and let YOU bleed out like a ****ing deer!

I bet YOU have never done one thing to help someone who was in need if it mad YOU uncomfortable. Have YOU ever felt what hot metal feels like when it rips through YOUR skin? Have YOU ever been shot at while YOU were handing out food to starving little kids?

YOUR spoiled and selfish *** dose not know the meaning of freedom because YOU have never seen or felt what its like to have it taken away. How dare YOU try and come here and rip apart what many good men and women have given to YOU. YOU said that this is the most intelligent right winged sight on the web. Let me tell YOU what that tells me. It tells me that YOU have been brain washed and conditioned to think that anyone that does not agree with YOUR opinion is wrong. Guess what MY beliefs are. That anyone, yes even YOU, has the right to say and think what they want. And guess what? I would go and lay down my life to continue to give YOU that right.

Forget all of YOUR 'facts' and 'proof'. How does it make YOU feel that someone who has a family, someone YOU have never even met, would give his life so YOU could continue to do the things YOU do?

Well!?! How does that make YOU feel?

Leave a comment:

• catch um and ba
    replied
    Originally posted by 11b101abn View Post
    Good. Die.

F**king maggot.

You arent fit to wipe a turd from my high mileage combat boots. Useless.
    LMAO!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• DeputySC
    replied
    I think its great they get out there and protest! They were always fun to watch and you see alot of 'intresting' people. Anti-war Protests also generate funny things to watch on youtube.
    Last edited by DeputySC; 01-02-2009, 08:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Downtown Hound
    replied
    11b101abn,

As much as I regret not being worthy of the task you present, I'll find a way to live with forgoing that honor in this lifetime.

But on a serious note, I hope that one day, you can find it in your heart to forgive me for my perceived wrongdoings to you. That doesn't mean I'm apologizing for the stands I've taken, I'm not. I hope you can forgive me for your sake.

I know that I probably drive you crazy, and most other protesters probably do as well. But we mean you no harm. We only want the best for you. Whether or not you one day believe that is your choice, but holding on to that much hate for so many people is a burden you shouldn't have to carry. I can assure you that your hatred for me doesn't injure me in the slightest. It only injures you.

I understand where the hate comes from. I've felt it myself. All those times that the police fired tear gas at me (yes, it's happened more than once), or pepper spray, or locked me in a cage, you think I never felt hate for them? But I realized that the hate only hurt me, not them. Although the police and I still disagree on many things, I have come to respect them overall. And I respect you, regardless of your feelings towards me. You are what you are and I am what I am. Be proud of who you are, and don't listen to me or anyone else tell you how you should feel about your service. My criticisms of the war aren't directed at you. Peace be upon you.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph8119
    replied
    Very well said!
    Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
    Sorry, but we didnt give up our right to have an opinion on anything when we signed on the dotted line.......the Thought Police arent here as of yet.....Jan 20th is a few weeks away still.......

Now, EXPRESSING those thoughts while in UNIFORM and ON DUTY would be unprofessional.....

While off duty and on my own time, I can AND WILL express my thoughts and feelings on subjects anytime I damn well please.......

Leave a comment:

• catch um and ba
    replied
    Sorry, but we didnt give up our right to have an opinion on anything when we signed on the dotted line.......the Thought Police arent here as of yet.....Jan 20th is a few weeks away still.......

Now, EXPRESSING those thoughts while in UNIFORM and ON DUTY would be unprofessional.....

While off duty and on my own time, I can AND WILL express my thoughts and feelings on subjects anytime I damn well please.......
    +100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,0 00,000,000

Leave a comment:

• pujolsfan146
    replied

I completely agree! Well said!

Leave a comment:

• LA DEP
    replied
    Originally posted by ten08
    Police Officers should not have opinions about protesters and the righteousness of whatever their cause. To do so is unprofessional.

Leave a comment:

• pujolsfan146
    replied
    I have no use for them.

Leave a comment:

• DEPUTYIM
    replied
    Originally posted by SgtScott31 View Post
    Assault charge in TN and I gladly arrest for it, hoping that he/she resists in the process.
    Just fixin to say the same thing.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5296 users online. 340 members and 4956 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X