Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of antiwar protesters?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL, thanks for the invitation pilotguyCANADA.

But I'm afraid Canada is too cold for me. I'm a California kid, have been since I was nine years old. And this area suits my politics and my lifestyle just fine. We're all crazy, freakish liberals here. God I love this place.

And for the record, I have never protested the troops. I have friends that have fought in Iraq, and they think the war is just as stupid as I do. But I agree, they're just doing their jobs. Cheers. And thank your fellow Canadians for being a bastion of sanity when your neighbor to the south gets a little funny in the head from time to time. I don't know what we'd do without you.

Comment

• i briefly think of hitting the skinny pedal and then claiming i blacked out.
      In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

• I don't care if it's my own mom--- If you did'nt serve keep your *** in the house. Regardless of what I think of this war that is my opinion and i don't care if anyone gets mad at me for saying it. Everyone else can go plant a tree, save a polar bear and have a starbucks.
        METRO965

Comment

• ^ Do you mean for all situation concerning any war, or a particular situation involving this one? Serious question.

Comment

• Limeaid,

I would say for a given particular situation. I believe there are times that war is necessary, but since nearly all anti-war protests in the United States in recent years have focused on the Iraq War, then I'm really referring to that one. The Vietnam War was over before I was ever born, and I was too young to really have very strong feelings about the first Persian Gulf War when it happened.
            Last edited by Downtown Hound; 11-22-2008, 01:49 AM.

Comment

• I was really aiming that at MasterGunner.

IMO anyone who can hold their own in an American History class knows that protesting is as American as Apple Pie but there are limits to what I think is mature and responsible.

Comment

• That's fair enough Limeade. I agree with you that there are limits to what is mature and responsible. If possible, I hope its possible to talk with the police instead of always being in conflict with them on this matter. Could we maybe discuss this a little further?

Comment

• Originally posted by Limeade View Post
                  I was really aiming that at MasterGunner.

IMO anyone who can hold their own in an American History class knows that protesting is as American as Apple Pie but there are limits to what I think is mature and responsible.
                  Some are ok but, I'm sure you can remember that Baptist Church group among others that would go to soldiers funerals and hold up signs like "Thank God for dead soldiers" and "Thank God for IED's" Those people should be beheaded and paraded around the city while being stoned and ****ed on and finally burned to a crisp. I don't like people who run their mouths but refuse to raise their right hand and step forward. Regardless of my opinion of this war, which i served in several times, i believe the American people should back our soldiers which is the case most of the time. We don't like it over there but we do it for each other until it's over. This is our time, this is our war and this is our duty.
                  METRO965

Comment

• Well first off, God bless ya for your service. I mean that, not enough people say that. I can remember a time when I met a girl in college who was wounded by AK fire while teaching Iraqis policing techniques. It was nothig grand and poetic, but I did say "Hey thanks for doing what you do" She looked shocked, like no one had ever said that before...

I know some people take it way to far, I know they annoy us, but I think that's the price we pay for freedom. I would rather have annoying *** funeral posters and the ability to protest worthy events instead of nothing at all.

Let us not forget though, people can protest the war and still support the soldiers. In fact some of the people out there that love you guys the most hold signs up hoping to bring you home. Now, you may not like that, it may not be what you want but their heart is still in the right place.

Are these people the minority? That I don't know but I do know it would be unfair to label all protesters unpatriotic.

Comment

• I think they should get a life

Comment

• My two cents... Good men and women have given their lives for you to PEACEFULLY protest. But if you decided to act like a [email protected] We can definetly go there.

But really all we(LEO's and Military members) asked for is a little respect. You as a civilian have no idea what that 20 year old private is feeling 10,000 miles away from home, just before he kicks in the door of a suspected terrorists home. And you can't imagine the terror a young cop is going through when that foot pursuit turns into a hand to hand fight for his life. See Downtown Hound... We LEO's and Military members are honor and duty bound. Not to you... But to each other! Its about making sure our guys make it home at night. Whether in Iraq, Afghanastan, California or here in Oklahoma. We all strive for the same thing. To serve with honor and to make it home at the end of our shift/patrol. Thats why you will never understand how we feel towards each other. Thats also why we get so defensive when you question how your freedom is provided...

Stay safe, Brothers! Merry Christmas!
                        Last edited by Paul79; 12-24-2008, 05:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Hound View Post
                          Well, I take "PROVE IT" as something that I should respond to. But you're right, I did say I was no longer going to post here, so this really will be my last post. Respond all you want, but I am now officially done.

So once again, I wish you all well. Take care.
                          Good. Die.

F**king maggot.

You arent fit to wipe a turd from my high mileage combat boots. Useless.

Comment

• Originally posted by 11b101abn View Post
                            Good. Die.

F**king maggot.

You arent fit to wipe a turd from my high mileage combat boots. Useless.
                            My God, no ones worth lowering them self's, I've learned one thing here on O.com these past months, if you disagree with the troll, move on to the next thread or post.
                            Merry Christmas and please have a healthy and uneventful New Year brother!
                            Take care and stay safe!
                            Ralph8119
                            A Little Something Else For Those 60's & 70's Music Lovers On Line!
                            sigpic
                            http://www.myfreenetradio.com/listen70s.asx

A Cool Website On History In Photos Of The New York City Police Department!
                            http://www.policeny.com/home.html

Policelink!
                            http://policelink.monster.com/member/Ralph8119

Inside The New York City Police Academy!
                            http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/pr/videos.shtml

Comment

• Originally posted by SgtScott31 View Post
                              Assault charge in TN and I gladly arrest for it, hoping that he/she resists in the process.
                              Just fixin to say the same thing.
                              In pursuit of the criminal element

Comment

• I have no use for them.
                                Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4296 users online. 253 members and 4043 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X