Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of antiwar protesters?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Downtown Hound
    But my question is this, how can you give somebody freedom by taking away that most fundamental aspect of freedom: the right of self determination? There are many kinds of freedom, the right to openly speak out against your government without fear of reprisal is only one of them. There's the freeedom of knowing that you can walk down the street and not worry that's this is going to be your last day ... etc

But Iraqis already had this problem. They had no right to self determination and every day they walked down the street they had to fear it was going to be their last day, as Sadam and his sons could snatch up whoever they wanted, for whatever they wanted, and could do anything they wanted to them. They actually have greater self control now and through their own hard work as well as the blood of our soldiers they will in time have a more secure place to live as well as the right of self determination. That freedom you speak of has never been given to people peacefully. It is a right that has always been paid in blood and sacrifice.
    Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Ah protestors....I think I would be more apt to listen to someone who has been there, and seen and done for himself. It has been my experience that most people who protest something or have such "strong convictions" about these hot button issues are going off what they think or what others have been through.

If you think you don't like the military, why don't you give a few years and see what it is all about for yourself...a few years in a combat, ground unit will change your perspective on life.

If you think you don't like America and her "wicked ways", why don't you move to another country for few years....living in mud, eating bugs, and getting eaten alive by mesquitos will change your perspective on America real quick.

Don't like our goverment? Vote and make a change. Still don't like it? Be a leader and run for office to make change. Not enough? Move and live in a country where either the goverment doesn't care what it's people does and lets them run around lawlessly or better yet...where the goverment cares too much and rules with an iron fist. Will make you appreciate what you got here. You know protesting in some countries will get you shot, or even burned alive.

I'm surprised JMTX is not on this yet ranting and raving.
      "When I came home, people often asked me about Iraq, and mostly I told them it wasn't so bad. I didn't know how to explain myself to them. The war really wasn't so bad. Yes, there were bombs and shootings and nervous times, but that was just the job. In fact, going to war is rather easy. You react to situations around you and try not to die. There are no electric bills or car payments or chores around the house. Just go to work, come home alive, and do it again tomorrow." - Brian Mockenhaupt

Comment

Downtown Hound......

As a member of the armed forced who served in Iraq and current LEO I have to say that seeing the war protested does envoke a strong emotional response in me. I believe deeply in what we are doing in Iraq and I've set my boots on the ground and put my neck on the line. I have seen different types of protesters. I've been heckled by the Phelp's follows at the funeral of a fallen corpsman. I have to be honest it was everthing in me not to step over that line and strangle the life out of that protester. I enlisted in the Marine Corps because I love my country dearly. I became a Sheriff's Deputy for the same reasons. One of the rights we have in this country is to assemble PEACEFULLY when I'm wearing dress blues and carrying a fallen brother to his grave I find it difficult to have respect for people carrying signs thanking god for dead marines and IED's all the while screaming "Semper F%$&*" (they replaced Fidelis with a word that means a bundle of sticks). I realize that this may not be indicative of all protesters but just like a few bad officer can spoil the image of police I think some or alot of protester have taken you cause and hijacked it for publicity. As for the protesting you have described. No where in the bill of rights does it say you get to break the law when you don't agree with the legal actions of the legally appointed government of the United States. All this said. I may be completely disgusted at the things you have said I may find these things vulgar and crude but I swore an oath to uphold and protect those rights with my life and if protecting your right to peacefully assemble means that one day I have to die on the field of battle or somewhere on the streets then thats the fate I choose. As for the war protestors I have come across in my travels I find them repulsive.

Hobbsie

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Hound View Post
          Actually, I do understand that men do unspeakable evil in a quest for power. I watch my own government do it everyday. But thanks for the good wishes nevertheless.

Take care.
          I stand corrected then, they aren't just "a bit on the stupid side" and there are some for whom there is no hope, they are destined to live life stupid.

You know that you benifit from the greatest experiment in government ever undertaken by mankind in recorded history. It didn't come cheap. It cost many thier lives. Not everyone in the world has a right to self determination, or any other rights. This place you live, this way of life, this government ... is worth defending and when someone feels otherwise ... perhaps they should move on to "those better places" of their dreams? It's what I would do. This is the real deal, it ain't no dress rehearsal. Such a pity to spend the one life your blessed with in a place you so despise I think.

"That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

Actually, I do understand that men do unspeakable evil in a quest for power. I watch my own government do it everyday. But thanks for the good wishes nevertheless.

Take care.
            Tell us. What "unspeakable evil" has been bestowed upon you personally by your "own government"? We're all ears.....er eyes.
            sigpic
            Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
            And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

I have oppressed both the people of Afghanistan and Iraq, and am currently oppressing people in Bangladesh and Malaysia with my Aid deliveries and requested assistance. I will be unable to personally oppress you with my unspeakable evil for the next few months, but should be available to do unspeakable evil to you sometime in summer 09. PM me for a brief list of horrors I , with the backing of the US Government, can visit on you.

Things like:

Food, Fresh Water, freedom from terror, Medical support, building schools, restoring power, teaching national defense, developing trade, and a multitude of other horrors.

In my opinion, you are probably constantly surrounded by people who think just like you. You would be better suited to seek validation there. We here tend not to agree with anyone. Even those we agree with.

M-11

Government Thug.
              “All men dream...... But not equally..
              Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
              but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
              for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

M-11

I see what you mean. My opinions are not very popular around here. Which is fine, I didn't come here looking for validation. I came here with questions, and they have been answered. Unfortunately, my answers to the many questions people have asked me will have to wait 'till tomorrow, as I am rather busy at the moment and when you leave the computer for a day and come back and there's a whole bunch of new messages from offended LEO's, well, it gets a little time consuming to respond to them all. I shall return in due time, assuming I haven't been shipped off to Gitmo before that happens. Until then....

Downtown Hound,
                your friendly neighborhood traitor.

Comment

Originally posted by M-11 View Post
                  I have oppressed both the people of Afghanistan and Iraq, and am currently oppressing people in Bangladesh and Malaysia with my Aid deliveries and requested assistance. I will be unable to personally oppress you with my unspeakable evil for the next few months, but should be available to do unspeakable evil to you sometime in summer 09. PM me for a brief list of horrors I , with the backing of the US Government, can visit on you.

Things like:

Food, Fresh Water, freedom from terror, Medical support, building schools, restoring power, teaching national defense, developing trade, and a multitude of other horrors.

In my opinion, you are probably constantly surrounded by people who think just like you. You would be better suited to seek validation there. We here tend not to agree with anyone. Even those we agree with.
                  M-11

Government Thug.
                  that is so true

Comment

Downtown, we don't see you as a traitor, maybe a little misguided is all. I also don't see anyone here who is angry with you, maybe a little disappointed or saddened.
                    Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Take care.
                      In the people's Republic of California,

I don't blame you.

Comment

M I shall return in due time, assuming I haven't been shipped off to Gitmo before that happens. Until then....

Downtown Hound,
                        your friendly neighborhood traitor.
                        Care to show me where an american citizen has been taken off of our streets and sent to gitmo? See, that's the problem with your argument. You start off sounding intelligent and wanting real discourse then you delve into childish retorts. Ignore the stupid replies and focus on the reasoned ones, makes for better discussions.
                        A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

If anyone has time to go out in the middle of the day, stand on a street corner carrying signs and shouting at the top of their lungs then they need to be protesting the fact that they don't have a life.

Not even one opinion has EVER been changed by a protest or a protester. And I'm not just talking about war protesters. I mean ANY protester.
                          Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

ray8285

That was just a joke. I wasn't really serious about that.

Comment

MCAPO

How could you blame me? My governor is The Terminator for crying out loud.

Comment

Smurfette_76

Of course it can be your personal opinion. I only asked as an LEO because I thought you might have some unique insight to the question. Didn’t mean to offend you. As to whether or not our message gets drowned out in the delivery, well I’ll go more into that later.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5091 users online. 337 members and 4754 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X