Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic stop -- gun

Hello All,

I was wondering... if I have an unloaded, locked, registered rifle in my trunk, with the ammo locked in the glove box and I get stopped for speeding or something like that, should I tell the officer ( most likely CHP ).

My thinking goes both ways, but wasn't really sure. I am trying to be an LEO and didn't want to ask any of the guys I have been around in case it was a silly question...

Thanks in advance.

P.S. What if its a hand gun, does that change anything?

If it's in the trunk, why would you tell the officer?

Now if you have on polka dot drawers on, immediately notify the officer so we can get a good laugh....

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

Originally posted by scvideoguy View Post
      Hello All,

I was wondering... if I have an unloaded, locked, registered rifle in my trunk, with the ammo locked in the glove box and I get stopped for speeding or something like that, should I tell the officer ( most likely CHP ).

My thinking goes both ways, but wasn't really sure. I am trying to be an LEO and didn't want to ask any of the guys I have been around in case it was a silly question...

Thanks in advance.

P.S. What if its a hand gun, does that change anything?
      The smart this is to tell us. I personal like to know if there are any guns, drugs, knifes, weapons, large amounts of cash, illegal alines, hand grenades anything like that, is what I ask on all my traffic stops.
      Why do people think they have the right not to listen when they are told to roll a window down or unlock a door?

Comment

if its in the trunk all seperate like that. Me personally don;t care. If its in the cab, and reachable... then let me know where...
        Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

Sure, whats it going to hurt, unless you have something to hide.

Comment

well I would think that if you tell the officer that you have a gun, he has to verify that it is legal and registered etc. taking more time and more hassle, not to mention it seems like most cops get really crazy when a gun enters the equation no matter how safe or locked away it is...

Comment

well I would think that if you tell the officer that you have a gun, he has to verify that it is legal and registered etc. taking more time and more hassle, not to mention it seems like most cops get really crazy when a gun enters the equation no matter how safe or locked away it is...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6042 users online. 341 members and 5701 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X