300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• During a traffic stop..

Have you ever been offered "favors" to avoid writing a ticket? I always hear stories in the news or online, and I am just curious as to how people could possibly have to balls to ask that to a cop..

If you don't want to post your story here feel free to PM me.. I am NOT asking have/would you ever accept this as it is not my business and probably illegal.. I'm just wondering if it really happens?

Yep it happens far to often. I record my stops and this gets to go to court as well. I have always wanted to charge them with attempting to influence a public official.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Someone once asked me if I would roll around in tar then jump into some feathers and bread crumbs. I must admit, I was very tempted....

Comment

I think the crack heads around here all know how nasty they are, now when I rode a different sector it was a little different. I don't cut someone asking for a brake a break, but I do give points for creativity.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeybomb View Post
          Yep it happens far to often. I record my stops and this gets to go to court as well. I have always wanted to charge them with attempting to influence a public official.
          Ditto!
          The above comments reflect the personal, off-the-record, unofficial opinions of the individual posting them only, and in no way, shape, or form should be taken to indicate any particular opinion, policy, or belief by the poster's or any other agency, governmental entity, organization, or corporation. Thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

Can't say I have. But I have been asked for my number a couple times from ladies in wrecks. The funny part is, they asked knowing that they were being cited and still showed interest after being handed the pink copy. I told them both that it would be a conflict of interest while I had a legal case against them. One, (the not-so-pretty one) went so far as to call the office to leave me a note letting me know her case was adjudicated. The other (the really pretty one) never called. Needless to say, I haven't seen either one since.

Comment

I have never had anyone directly come out and say they want to exchange something to get out of a ticket. I have noticed on a few occasions when I ask for license and registration the skirt is in one position...then when I return to conclude the stop, the skirt is a little higher than it was (or the shirt is open a tad more).

I did have a DUI recently where the female kept asking me "Is there anything I can do to get out of this"...she asked repeatedly and worded different ways. I kept asking her what she meant but she wouldnt come out and said it. If she had, I would have charged her in a heartbeat for it.

Comment

Had a drunk pull the "I'll do anything to.." but I shut the door before she could finish the statement. I like my job way too much to jeopardize it in some stupid way.
                Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

Yeah, it happens.

No, I didn't.

"That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4754 users online. 249 members and 4505 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X