300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrying a baton

I live in GA and I was wondering if it is legal to carry a baton. I have a few friends who have been pulled over and the police just played with his baton and let him go. I deliver pizza, and a few of the drivers have been robbed and I would like to carry a baton. I wasn't sure if I needed some kinda license or if its gotta be put away in my vehicle or out in the open. Also Could I carry it on my belt in the holster for it? Thanks for all your answers.

I assume you don't mean a baton like this:
    Attached Files
    “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Comment

Originally posted by JustinF View Post
      the police just played with his baton and let him go.

I don't know how to reply to that.....I...never mind.
      Last edited by nuthead; 08-02-2008, 10:10 PM.
      “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Comment

They're illegal to carry pretty much everywhere, but if you're a pizza guy, there's some simple ways around it. (To my way of thinking, anyway - not a lawyer.)

Our auto parts store carries a small (16 inches or so) aluminum baseball bat. It says in big letters right on the bat, "Tire Checker." If you were to have one behind the seat in your car, and were prepared to honestly state that you used it to whack your tires before every pizza shift, well then, how could anyone call that a weapon? I'd also keep the receipt that shows you bought it in an auto shop.

If it makes you feel better, carry a folding knife that makes a good "snick" sound as you flip it open. (You may be buying yourself more trouble than you want this way, though.)

My real advice is to stay in shape, throw the money bag at the robber, and run like the wind. Get that knife in your hand only if they catch you.
        If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

Or a big 6 D cell maglight... seems like a pizza guy could have that. ASPs are junk anyway....

As long as you're justified in your actions, doesn't matter what instrument you use.

Comment

No, Im just using it for self protection. I don't trust just throwing my money to them and letting them go. Both times my friend was robbed delivering at the same store as me has never seen any of that money. The police never found anyone. Now he has lost his apartment because he couldn't make his payment. I don't want to be in that position, So If they want my money they are gonna have to suffer some blows from me.

Comment

Dishing out justice one slice at a time, eh.

Sorry I could not resist.

Seriously one of our St. Louis pizza guys shot one of 2 robbers about a year or two ago and his accomplice actually still kept and ate the pizza they stole. He was later caught and prosecuted for the murder of his partner.

Comment

Not worried about the pizza. Just my money.

Comment

Justin,

i re read your three posts, i apologize if i missed it, but: what's wrong with a pistol?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5227 users online. 296 members and 4931 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X