Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undetected Crimes

short and simple...

How hard will they judge you on undetected crimes when taking the polygraph or psych?
    Last edited by tony84; 08-02-2008, 10:44 PM.
    “Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands.” - Jeff Cooper

You are going to have to be more specific. Are we talking, tresspassing, burglary, drug usage/sales, sex crimes, like I said more specific or no one can give an answer. Mostly crimes that were undetected get you in trouble when they involve a more serious nature although alot of them never come up on the questionaires...that I saw.

Comment

Crimes like downloading music or movies, underaged drinking, bought booze for a minor once and other things like that. Also, scanned money to play a prank on a friend. Never used it though and destroyed the fakes.

Do they actually ask specifics on the crime or what crime it was or just a general question/questions on undetected crimes.
      Last edited by tony84; 06-14-2010, 02:38 PM.
      “Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands.” - Jeff Cooper

Comment

I scanned a $20 bill to see how well it worked. I wondered if counterfeiters could use scanners and color printers. This was when they were becoming more common. I held it up to the real $20 and compared it, then tore up the copy and threw it away. I explained all that to the BI. He asked if I tried to pass it or ever made more. I said no, that it was just to satisfy my personal curiousity. He was ok with that. Another BI might not be.

Comment

I would say it sounds like you would be ok at the departments around here, as long as it has been a few years for most of the things. The counterfieting thing is the biggest issue, but as long as you can be honest about the INTENT and you did not attempt or allow him to attempt to pass them, not too big to deal with.

Comment

[QUOTE=kpdlawman;1356773]I agree with you that the serious one is the fake dollars. I am not in any way accusing you but if I was a B.I. I would not believe your story. I tried to tell my mother the same exact thing when I made a fake ID on the computer to try and get into a club. Of course, the fact that this was 15 years ago, the ID looked crazy fake.

I would question first that you played a prank on your friend with counterfeit bills. What was the prank? What was the point? How was it funny? I would then ask how you got the bills back if you gave it to a friend. I would then ask why you not only ripped them up, you flushed them down the toilet. This is the part that gets you. It makes me think the story may be at very least exaggerated. I mean, who puts paper down a toilet? Don't you know you can clog it up? Why couldn't you just throw them out? To go thru that long of a destroying process they must have looked really real.

Anyways, thats my .02 on it. If that is in fact what truly happened, you need to have a little more detail like I explained above. Flushing paper down the toilet has to be an undetected crime in itself :-)[/QUO

Will they let me take a poly to comfirm my story at least or just the fact that I made the bogus money enough to DQ me?

Do they ask specifics when asking about undetected crimes?

Comment

Oh and I did indeed just intend to use it as a prank which I did then when I revealed that it was a fake to him I ripped it up and flushed it because I did indeed know that this was a federal crime and did not want it to be found by someone if I threw it in the trash then it could be traced back to me. I did get paranoid afterward and my wife was also ****ed at me for even scanning it and told me how serious the charges could be.

Comment

[QUOTE=tony84;1357424]
                Originally posted by kpdlawman
                I mean, who puts paper down a toilet?

I had undetected DUIs that I admitted to, and they hired me anyway. YMMV.
                I miss you, Dave.
                http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

The best advice...lay EVERYTHING out. I know guys that did things when they were younger that bulge your eyes out of your head. They're great officer now. The fact that you admit them goes a long way. Everybody does stupid stuff. The ones that get caught lying about it get hung up in the BI. I told my friend who recently went for his poly...remember...it's better to get put off for a year or two then to get caught lying and be disqualified for life(and have nobody want you after that).

Comment

I wont lie. How in depth are the questions on this subject or is the question just in general?

Thanks for the positive advice and feedback.

Comment

All I did was the computer one, not an actual polygraph, but they only asked me like 10 incriminating questions and a bunch of controls. However, I had an almost spotless background, and he told me that most people have more questions when something shows up in background. So basically, no one can really tell you what the questions will be because a lot of departments will tailor them specifcally to you.

Comment

so basically if you have a bad record then youll get more questions on the poly. So I take it the questions are all preset and they dont wing it?

Thanks for the info.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6808 users online. 352 members and 6456 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X