Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why does everyone hate the police so much?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why does everyone hate the police so much?

Seriously?

Everyone seems paranoid like police are there to harm them, or that police are all corrupt. I never understood that. I have never had any problems with police at all, and the vast majority of police I've met have been very nice, kind, and professional.

Where did society go so wrong to hate police so much?

Is it music, with songs like "1-8-7 on an undacova cop", and "**** da police"?

Is it TV? Do all people think that NYPD Blue is real?

Is it speeding tickets? Did police departments suddenly start giving out a lot more speeding tickets, and people hate that?

Why is there so much hate for police, even from good citizens who don't commit crimes and have nothing to worry about?

Generally, I think, people do not like Authority figures telling them what they can and can not do against their constitutional rights. And most of the younger generations learn from the older ones how to hate the police. People see cops as the guy who wont cut you a break because you were going 95 cuz you had to pee, because they would rather hassle the working man than keep drugs off the street. What they forget is, Traffic Enforcement is ALSO part of the job!!! They bitch when you harass them and bitch when you don't show up fast enough. What the hell do people want?!!!
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
    that we are all that stands between
    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Read "Stoning The Keepers At The Gate" for a very well written book on this subject.

Remember that not everyone hates us. Lots of people are completely indifferent and we have a couple of fans. Try rolling through areas you don't get many calls for service and you might see people waving with all of their fingers.
      I miss you, Dave.
      http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Are you saying that we're a country of over 300 million, and everyone hates cops? Whoa....I've got problems.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

It's the "Me First" attitude that is so prevalent in society today. People think rules and laws don't apply to them and can't stand people (cops, bosses, etc.) that correct that misconception.
          “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Comment

Adults can't stand being told what to do and practice rationalizing why they shouldn't be scolded / written up / etc.
            Hmmm. Did I just describe the citizen to cop situation or a cop to supervisor relationship?

Comment

In my experience, most people do not hate the police. Young people tend not to respect authority, but age and experience tend to get most people over that. Criminals don't like the police for obvious reasons.

I think sometimes it seems that way because police haters are vocal about it.
              -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them"-Felix

Comment

Originally posted by Landric View Post
                In my experience, most people do not hate the police. Young people tend not to respect authority, but age and experience tend to get most people over that. Criminals don't like the police for obvious reasons.

I agree..
                summer - winter - work

Comment

Originally posted by Landric View Post

Like the above, I also agree.

Comment

They don't hate the POLICE when some is creeping in their house about 3AM high on meth and they are hiding in their closet calling 911 for the PO PO to save their lives.

For those haters out there it dont matter to US if you hate us or not we still are going to do our jobs so when there is a hater in need of help WE will be there to save YOUR LIFE. Dial 9-1-1
                    sigpicTrain Hard!!! Fight Smart

Comment

Not many like cops, but all love firemen... because cops;

Gives out summonses.

Arrests you, and your loved ones.

Tell you what to do(as per scope of employment).
                      Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Most people don't hate cops, it's just that we deal almost exclusively with the fraction of a percent of the population who does.

Sometimes it's hard to remember that the average person on the street isn't a stoned loser with a revoked license on felony probation with a warrant and a half dozen kids scattered through the foster system.

Comment

Listen Closely !!!

http://www.edreadling.com/police.html

Comment

Thats funny because I am not aware of many "people hating the police". Matter of fact, In the part of the country where I work as a police officer, I have found almost the exact opposite. When we have a hiring process we have tons of applicants. When we have police sponsored fund raisers we collect lots of cash for whatever the cause. Three times in the past year a group of us were on duty eating at a local cafe. Someone unknown to us picked up the tab for the entire table. The last time our table had twenty people sitting at it!! We never found out who they were-just the people that was sitting over there paid your tab. It makes me very uncomfortable but not hardly someone who "hates the police". Once I was on the roadside fighting with a highly intoxicated driver. I was getting tired. The next thing I knew the interstate looked like a truck stop with semis and cars parked everywhere. I didn't even have to handcuff the guy as a truck driver from Kansas took care of that for me!

Perhaps you live in a part of the country where the police are not liked. I doubt it though. The people who don't like the police are the people who fear the police!! Reason? Because they have something to hide, because they are criminals. We deal with them daily. I like people like that-it keeps me in a job! With plenty of overtime! SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS!! Someday you WILL need them.
                            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I think a lot of people like to vent/rant about the police because it is much easier than actually admitting you did something wrong and being responsible.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4926 users online. 249 members and 4677 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X