300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• second best

Lets pretend. Lets say that at this very moment you cannot be a LEO for any reason, Good or bad, What occupation would you have liked to do? For instance, I have been an electronics instuctor, worked the oil patch, traveled around the world seeking work but now I am 52 years old, locked down(not in ) and have a gut full of duff beer but I always wanted to be a popo I even sold merchanise to and worked with LEO's for a number of years. I degress...What would be your ocupation of choice? I.E. Spaceman?, Hobo?, teacher? what? What? I gotta know.
    Sully's my name
    Originally posted by mookster
    Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
    Originally posted by CityCopDC
    I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
    Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
    I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
    -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Sully, welcome to the world of old and/or retired cops! Given the chance & opportunity, for me it'd be working in a professional race engine shop or ProStock dragracing team. Funny thing, most cops I know, wanted to do the job but always had a an idea of a dream job they figured they'd never obtain (me included). When I was younger I wanted to do other things but for a variety of reasons they didn't pan out. Soooooooo, now I'm retired & trying to figure out how to fulfill my dream job ---- let me ask YOU---- any ideas?

Comment

My friend hemicop,
      Now your handle makes sense... I got an idea in my duff dreams, YOU can be a professional dragracing driver!! Right now!!! abebt me being the sponser ( That job is yours!) I will be the pitstop team leader. A sure bet, a winning team, Alcohol or nitro running the "rail" victory to the finish!! girls galore! dear sponser Hemicop we are on the drag to glory! we can strike the deal over lunch at the code 7 cafe!
      Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
      I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
      -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Firefighter.

Comment

Originally posted by asullivan View Post
          My friend hemicop,
          Now your handle makes sense... I got an idea in my duff dreams, YOU can be a professional dragracing driver!! Right now!!! abebt me being the sponser ( That job is yours!) I will be the pitstop team leader. A sure bet, a winning team, Alcohol or nitro running the "rail" victory to the finish!! girls galore! dear sponser Hemicop we are on the drag to glory! we can strike the deal over lunch at the code 7 cafe!
          YOU'RE ON! I was talking to friend that was a semi-pro driver in the 70's & while he thought it was alot of work, whatelse can 2 old geezers do that'll take up their time & surround them with girls!
          I think too many guys don't realize how quick 20 or 25 years go by & how much longer alot of people live. As a result they don't plan.
          But to get back on topic ---- I think most every cop has thought of alternative jobs but let's face it --- this one was a pretty good "run" despite all the BS & politics. If it wasn't , why would it be so hard to get on to begin with?

Comment

I'd be an evil oil tycoon.

Comment

Tough question. I had a few ideas at first, but when I thought them out I always ended up in the same place. I like what I am and how I got here, (Cal. Game Warden). I think that if I would have made different decisions too many other things might have turned out different.
              I'm not even looking forward to retirement. What would I do? Move to the mountains; put a 4WD truck in my driveway; wake up and go to a lake / stream / mountain top and find something to do; take the guns to the range and make some noise - No, already doing all that and someone else pays for the gas and bullets.
              I am living my fantasy.

Comment

I am living my fantasy.[/QUOTE]

Then you are TRULY one of the lucky ones. Few have that happen for them.

Comment

I'm not really sure Cop was my first choice...

If I could have any other job, I'd say I'd like to own/run a bicycle shop.

But As I've squandered all my years on Tactics, War and Languages, I'll probably end up being a cop.

I do not really know what I will do when the time comes for me to hang up my gun,

A wolf in sheep's clothing is still a wolf...

M-11
                  “All men dream...... But not equally..
                  Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                  but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                  for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Prosecutor.
                    I miss you, Dave.
                    http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Lawyer......or a radiologist.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

Criminal Analyst with Interpol.
                        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                        that we are all that stands between
                        the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

I always thought I would be a teacher when I retired. But the more I think about it the more I realize I would make it about a month before I got fired......LOL. I know a ton of teachers and they think I would be a great teacher. Lets just say I'm not "Politically Correct" I call it like I see it in the real world. So i'm still looking for the job when I retire.
                          The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Is fishing with my wife sunbathing topless next to me considered an occupation?

Originally posted by hemicop View Post
                            Then you are TRULY one of the lucky ones. Few have that happen for them.
                            I don't think it's a matter of luck, I think it's a matter of liking what you have rather than getting what you like.

Comment

jakflak,calm down now......

Originally posted by jakflak View Post
                              Is fishing with my wife sunbathing topless next to me considered an occupation?

Of course!! Your providing food for the Miss's by fish'in and you have actually put her to "work" for poviding her with shade while you struggle with all them fish.....
                              I don't think it's a matter of luck, I think it's a matter of liking what you have rather than getting what you like.
                              -Frank

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5909 users online. 346 members and 5563 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X