Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any significance to orange as gang color?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any significance to orange as gang color?

I need to know if there is any significance in gang communication to the color orange. I've found ONE reference to it saying that it means that the person gets along with both Bloods and Crips. But I've been unable to find any confirmation of that.

I can't give any background for why I am asking this question. All I can say is, depending on the answer, it may or may not have an impact on my personal safety. If it has no meaning, no big deal. If it does...
    Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
    Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
    A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Too many variables...needs to be specific to neighborhoods....and maybe even to a street/block.

In Los Angeles, for example, the Grape Street Crips (Crips usually wear blue), wore purple (grape).

Due to your "no background" policy on this one, you may need to post in the state section where it's an issue and hope someone, there, knows.

And, courtesy of Google, here's a link: http://www.gangsorus.com/clothing.html

Good luck.
    Last edited by Kieth M.; 07-31-2008, 03:25 PM.
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Blaze orange is a gang color in most states. They're called "Hunters". Most of them gather in remote areas and tend to burn small piles of wood at night while some of them consume alcoholic beverages and constantly repeat lies and exaggerations about past crimes and antics. They get more active in the fall but you could see them any time. Their vehicles are usually adorned by various markers and slogans related to the killing of helpless animals. The vehicles may also be capable of extended off-road travel abilities- no doulbt to elude authorities. I've found that the group is usually very well armed. The most outspoken ones can usually be identified by decals and stickers with the initials of their slogan that was recently decoded by federal officials: "Never Run Away" or N.R.A.

Comment

ok, this is helpful because the gang on my street I know to be estabishing a connection with the Bloods, whereas a rival gang a few streets over uses purple.

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
        Too many variables...needs to be specific to neighborhoods....and maybe even to a street/block.

In Los Angeles, for example, the Grape Street Crips (Crips usually wear blue), wore purple (grape).

Due to your "no background" policy on this one, you may need to post in the state section where it's an issue and hope someone, there, knows.

And, courtesy of Google, here's a link: http://www.gangsorus.com/clothing.html

Good luck.
        A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

Originally posted by 417Lt View Post
          Blaze orange is a gang color in most states. They're called "Hunters". Most of them gather in remote areas and tend to burn small piles of wood at night while some of them consume alcoholic beverages and constantly repeat lies and exaggerations about past crimes and antics. They get more active in the fall but you could see them any time. Their vehicles are usually adorned by various markers and slogans related to the killing of helpless animals. The vehicles may also be capable of extended off-road travel abilities- no doulbt to elude authorities. I've found that the group is usually very well armed. The most outspoken ones can usually be identified by decals and stickers with the initials of their slogan that was recently decoded by federal officials: "Never Run Away" or N.R.A.
          That's too, too, funny!

Their rivals are known, nationally, as "Hunter's Widows," a group who bemoans the outings of the men in blaze orange and the time and costs associated with same. Yet, when congregating at area malls they too, spend their time on the prowl and throw money at needless feel-good quick fixes. Attempts to reign in the behavior of this second group have, so far, proved fruitless.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

If you had the slightest idea what has been going down in the last 10 days you would not make light of this.

I'm not going to give the background because most of what I know about this comes from a homicide investigator and I cannot disclose any of that.

Laugh all you want. There are already four bodies (HUMAN bodies) on this situation, possibly more. I don't want the fifth one to be mine.

I was able to get helpful information from a previous thread (now deleted -- I deleted all the information I posted noting the delete was for safety reasons; the entire thread is now deleted) from officers who took me seriously. That information helped ME to take this situation more seriously.

You want to make a joke out of this you go right ahead.
            Last edited by rubyrose; 07-31-2008, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rubyrose View Post
              Laugh all you want. There are already four bodies (HUMAN bodies) on this situation, possibly more. I don't want the fifth one to be mine.

You want to make a joke out of this you go right ahead.
              Look, I'm sorry if I brought humor into the thread.....but you are the one who played your cards close to the vest and did not reveal the fact that there were four dead bodies attached to your question.

Your profile of being a writer and professor did not allude to your proximity to the death and violence you are concerned about. For all I knew you were reserching for something you intended to write about. My first response gave you my opinion and a link where you might have found assistance for your subject. Then someone else made a joke, and I fell in line. My apologies.

Very few things are taken seriously on this site - unless it's a death & dying issue. As I said, facts YOU failed to include.

Perhaps you'll consider changing your profile, albeit temporarily, from "Humor being (your) business" to "Danger being (your) business."

In the mean time, to see that I no longer misunderstand what you say or mean, I'll place you on my ignore list and we'll get along, just fine. I suggest you place me on yours. Deal?
              Last edited by Kieth M.; 07-31-2008, 07:08 PM.

Comment

"CRIPS Mostly wear blue, gray, orange and purple Refer to each other as "cuz' or 'cousin' and cross out Bs Crips sometimes use the six-pointed Star of David as a symbol"

from http://www.knowgangs.com/news/mar06/2703.htm

EDIT:

It could also be an indicator of a hybrid gang too. Any pics of tagging or possible members might shed more light. Just be circumspect - this IS a public forum.
                Last edited by nuthead; 07-31-2008, 07:35 PM.
                “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Comment

I would also advise talking to whoever is over the gang unit with the local PD. They're usually more current with gang info and can sometimes do things that a patrol officer may not be aware of.
                  “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Comment

Ha-ha. Priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by nuthead View Post
                      I would also advise talking to whoever is over the gang unit with the local PD. They're usually more current with gang info and can sometimes do things that a patrol officer may not be aware of.
                      X2

Ruby,

I would expect your local LE would have better gang intelligence than what you can get here. Why doesn't your homicide investigator contact the locals him/herself?
                      "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

I played my cards close for a good reason. Aside from the issues involved in the situation there are people here who have ripped me to shreds for being what they call a "drama queen." (Never mind I don't need to be so; I have so much real drama on my street I don't even need a tv.) Your post seemed to me to fit right into that genre.

I figured if I mentioned the bodies, oh well, here come the drama queen crits.

I used to have "Citizen Volunteer" as my tag and I used an image of my CPA graduate pin, but I got ripped on that as well.

No, I don't feel the need to put you on my ignore list. You are certainly welcome to put me on yours.

I have written extensively here before about problems in my neighborhood and of the volunteer work I do. Of course, I don't expect everyone to read everything I write. Apparently you have missed that. That's ok, NBD.

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
                        Look, I'm sorry if I brought humor into the thread.....but you are the one who played your cards close to the vest and did not reveal the fact that there were four dead bodies attached to your question.

Your profile of being a writer and professor did not allude to your proximity to the death and violence you are concerned about. For all I knew you were reserching for something you intended to write about. My first response gave you my opinion and a link where you might have found assistance for your subject. Then someone else made a joke, and I fell in line. My apologies.

Very few things are taken seriously on this site - unless it's a death & dying issue. As I said, facts YOU failed to include.

Perhaps you'll consider changing your profile, albeit temporarily, from "Humor being (your) business" to "Danger being (your) business."

In the mean time, to see that I no longer misunderstand what you say or mean, I'll place you on my ignore list and we'll get along, just fine. I suggest you place me on yours. Deal?

Comment

See, this is the thing. I have calls in to several people and I am waiting for a call back. So I figured I'd ask this group while I wait, see if anyone here can come up with anything.

Thanks nuthead! Appreciate your support.

Originally posted by nuthead View Post

Comment

If you have a situation involving possible death or serious injury to yourself or anyone else, what in the world are you doing seeking advice from a bunch of anonymous internet posters spread all over the planet? Even if you are waiting for a call-back you should be waiting with your back to a wall with a loaded .44 in your hand; or at a police station if that's more to your liking. I would suggest seeking help from local authorities, if you can trust them enough to tell them all the details and facts.

Comment

X2 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                              The All New
                              BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                              Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                              - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2740 users online. 120 members and 2620 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X