300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Associated with Gang?

I'll try to keep this post as brief as possible, but do need some truthful advice. I live in a nicer middle class neighborhood, houses are expensive, neighbors are mostly white collar. I have had a neighbor here for 10 years or so, whom I consider a close friend. He has a family, nice house and cars, etc and does well for himself as he owns a small trucking company. I live about 4 doors down from him.

Today, he came running frantically towards my house and yelled for me to help him and get into his car with him. I did so, not knowing what the heck is going on and he took off speeding after a vehicle and instructed me to get the plate. So, I called 911 and attempted to get the plate and the next thing I know he has jumped out of the vehicle as well as the occupants of the other vehicle. These occupants were CLEARLY gang members and one had a "shank" of some sort. They began fighting and another of them kept making the "I've got a gun in my waistband" gesture. After a minute, the fighting stopped and the vehicle sped off.

The police showed up to MY house to find out what was going on, took a vehicle description, etc. Apparently these guys pulled up to my friend, asked him if he was from a local gang neighborhood thats 4 miles away from here in a bad area, and actually tried to stab him, all of this before he came and got me. I gave the officers my story and they took my name as well as my friends name. I can't imagine him being gang affiliated, and pray to god hes not, but what if he is or was????

Is any of this going to come back on me as being involved with gang activity, etc. during the hiring process as I'm applied with several local SD's ?

Was I in the wrong to not question him and jump into the vehicle for whatever it was he needed?

I'm terrified I'm into a bad situation. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated.
    Last edited by Greg T; 07-30-2008, 11:05 PM.

Originally posted by Greg T View Post
    Is any of this going to come back on me as being involved with gang activity, etc. during the hiring process as I'm applied with several local SD's ?
    Short answer... yes. You're name is in the report, contact was made between you and law enforcement, and it was gang related. When it comes time to fill out the Personal History Statement you'll have to fully disclose it.

Originally posted by Greg T View Post
    I'm terrified I'm into a bad situation. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated.
    Don't associate yourself with him anymore. You nearly got yourself seriously hurt or killed. Getting away from him and those he hangs out with will save your life.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Guams View Post
      Short answer... yes. You're name is in the report, contact was made between you and law enforcement, and it was gang related. When it comes time to fill out the Personal History Statement you'll have to fully disclose it.

Don't associate yourself with him anymore. You nearly got yourself seriously hurt or killed. Getting away from him and those he hangs out with will save your life.
      "X 2"

Nice to have friends.

Nice to have friends who will help out when one is in need.

Nice to have friends you can trust to NOT drag you into a deadly encounter for little or no reason.

"That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

Was it a case of mistaken identity re. your friend? If he is a close friend, have a talk with him and see what is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Guams View Post

X-3.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4861 users online. 321 members and 4540 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X