300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrections vs. Patrol Officer

If pay was not an issue and you were offered a job in the field of corrections and you were also offered a job as a police officer, which would you take? Why?
    Last edited by sheeds; 08-04-2008, 04:36 PM. Reason: community patrol officer - police officer

Patrol....all day, every day.....

I didnt sign up to be a babysitter.......

We are required to start in custody division with my agency.....I was lucky, and only did around 22 months working the jails.....which I considered to be around 21 months 3 weeks and 4 days too long
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Patrol, even if the pay was lower.

I don't like working inside, I like working without a supervisor standing over my shoulder, I like talking to the (very) occasional normal person.

Pretty much any inside vs. outside job, I'm going with the one that gets my outside, though.
      I miss you, Dave.
      http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Definitely Patrol.
        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

By community patrol officer, I assume you mean a police officer on patrol?
          I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

I started out my career in LE at a Sheriff's Office, working in the jail. There are some advantages to working in the jail, like usually getting done when you're scheduled, overtime if you want it, etc., but it's hard to cope with spending all that time in the building.

We used to have work release inmates in our jail that would be out of jail 6 days a week for 10 hours a day for "work." Sometimes I think I was doing more jail time with all the OT I put in than those guys.

Patrol, Patrol, Patrol.
            Wis Statute 947.01: Disorderly Conduct - Whoever, in a public or private place, engages in behavior that is violent, abusive, indecent, profane, boisterous, unreasonably loud, or otherwise acts like a ****ing idiot, is guilty of a Class B misdemeanor.

Comment

Patrol! No question even if the jail job paid double.

Comment

OMG Patrol. I work in the jail and would still choose patrol over corrections.
                Don't expect other people to make you happy, Happiness is your responsibility.

Comment

What is a 'community patrol officer'? Do you mean a police officer/street cop? The term 'community patrol officer' to describe cops, is kinda a Clinton era thing that is for the most part, dead. Similar terms is used to describe a support position in some agencies where the employee is not yet a cop, but take non-emergent/ routine/minor paperwork tasks.

Comment

PATROL! I did the jailer thing...it's not for me.

But thanks to you who keep the bad guys behind bars.

Comment

My job is to keep the jailers busy.

PATROL
                      Geaux Tigers

Comment

I'm a cop, not a jailer.
                        Airborne Cops are closer to God.
                        Arms and legs are just extensions of flight controls.

THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

Comment

"But we're cops, too. Boo hoo!!!"

And so it begins...
                          Airborne Cops are closer to God.
                          Arms and legs are just extensions of flight controls.

THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

Comment

Law enforcement officers...absolutely. A very importment part of the enforcement arm of the criminal justice system...certainly.
                            Cops...no.

Comment

Is this really a fair question to ask in the ask a cop forum? What type of response do you feel you would get if you were to post this same exact question in the corrections forum?
                              "Valor would cease to be a virtue, if there were no injustice." -Agesilaus the Great

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4948 users online. 314 members and 4634 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X