Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bracelets

Hi everybody,

I just have a quick question regarding "cause" bracelets. I am very interested in law enforcement (hopefully I will be able to enter the field), and I was wondering what people think about those blue bracelets (or some other color) that show support for those in law enforcement. If I wore one, would it be looked upon as being a "poser", a valid "supporter" of law enforcement, or something else? I thought I would ask you all so that I don't cause any trouble or disrespect.

(On a side note, I would never "shove" it in an officer's face to try to get out of anything. Hopefully, though, if I do wear it it will remind me NOT to do anything stupid that could screw up my goal. )

Thanks, and stay safe,
    E.
    "It peed on me! That's resisting arrest." (Kelso, "That 70's Show")

To be honest, there are so many of these "cause" bracelets around, i dont even pay attention to them anymore. You would not be looked upon badly by anyone i know in law enforcement by choosing to wear one. If you like it, wear one, the main thing is YOU know what it means, and thats all that matters. Good luck with your future in law enforcement!
    "I am... reminded of something Cardinal Wolsey once told me. That I should only ever tell the king what he ought to do, not what he could do; for if the lion knows his own strength, no man could control him". Sir Thomas More

Comment

I agree. I don't think anyone pays any attention to them and multiple causes use the same color. Your bracelet means nothing to me.

Comment

I do wear a TBL bracelet at work, just because, well, I have no idea why. I also have a 9/11 NYPD pin on my epaulette (which I bought at the NYPD Museum Store).
        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
        that we are all that stands between
        the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

It looks like from what everybody is saying, it wouldn't be offensive or anything like that. Thanks for the input.

Like gloc-copper said, it would be mainly for ME to know what it is.

I will be buying if from the officer down memorial, so that some of the profits go towards a good cause.

Thanks, and stay safe.
          E.

Comment

I dont wear one of the 'cause' bracelets, but I do wear a memorial bracelet with my former radio car partners name on it......
            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

The only time your braclet will be an issue is if I have to put it in your property bag.

I know its the rage right now, but I still internally shake my head to see a grown man wearing a plastic bracelet.
              I miss you, Dave.
              http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Hopefully, it will never be put in a property bag. Though, if it was, that would be the least of my worries.

And I am not yet a "grown man". Still in high school (so close), but not yet "grown".

LA DEP, I offer my condolences to you and your partner. Stay safe out there.

E.

Comment

Originally posted by gloc_copper View Post
                  To be honest, there are so many of these "cause" bracelets around, i dont even pay attention to them anymore. You would not be looked upon badly by anyone i know in law enforcement by choosing to wear one. If you like it, wear one, the main thing is YOU know what it means, and thats all that matters. Good luck with your future in law enforcement!
                  Exactly

Comment

Hey, mind you, mine is rubber. lol
                    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                    that we are all that stands between
                    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6402 users online. 346 members and 6056 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X