300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teenager collapsed in front of me

I decided to pass by some party on Sat night, since I haven't partied in a while & would like to before the academy starts.

Anyways, I'm there talking to a few friends when I hear a crowd of people talking loud saying "he needs water!! He needs water!!" I look & it's some skinny tall kid about 18yrs old just standing up against the wall, really stiff. I keep looking at him & 3seconds later he starts shaking (like a seizure). I then said Oh Sh*t and ran to grab him before he fell (which he did). I didn't know what was wrong with him so I just made sure his head was tilted down in case he needed to throw up (thought maybe he drank too much). I started asking people if they knew who he was (while some one was calling 911) & what he had taken (alcohol, drugs, and how much). Some girl told me he had smoked marijuana and became dehydrated. The kid luckly woke up before paramedics arrived and was fully alert when they arrived (drank water). I never got to find out what it could have been since I didn't know the kid and didn't want to interrupt the paramedics.

Any body have any idea what it could have been? I thought it was he took cocaine or some thing. I didn't know marijuana could make a person drop to the floor like that and cause your body to shake that bad.

Sounds like an OD of either GHB or Ecstasy......Marijuana (unless it was 'spiked' with something else) wont usually make you do the funky chicken......
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

My first guess would be that he was using X.

Comment

Or plain old alcohol poisoning
        This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
          Sounds like an OD of either GHB or Ecstasy......Marijuana (unless it was 'spiked' with something else) wont usually make you do the funky chicken......
          Exactly what I thought. I know ecstasy makes you dehydrate pretty fast & speeds up your heart rate. I've known of people having seizures and heart attacks from too much cocaine so thats why I thought it may have been that. Pretty scary.

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
            Or plain old alcohol poisoning
            Maybe but wouldn't he have needed medical attention? I've seen people get alcohol poisoning at the beach and once they're at that level they are done for the day. He started shaking as if he was having a seizure, dropped, stayed down for about a minute, then people helped him up and he was standing on his own & was alert drinking water.
            Last edited by ERMDPD; 07-28-2008, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ERMDPD View Post
              Maybe but wouldn't he have needed medical attention? I've seen people get alcohol poisoning at the beach and once they're at that level they are done for the day. He started shaking as if he was having a seizure, dropped, stayed down for about a minute, then people helped him up and he was standing on his own & was alert drinking water.
              One of the side effects of alcohol poisoning is death!
              This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Question.....did he look like he was maybe slightly dusted?......Ketamine (Ketaset, Ketalar) is another popular club drug in some areas.....and that spikes the body temp like a good thing......it is a PCP analog, and displays some of the same symptomology......

Some folks are even known to mix several of the drugs together, and with other popular streets drugs.....Ketamine and Methamphetamine combos were popular in the last area I worked.....
                The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

I decided to pass by some party on Sat night, since I haven't partied in a while & would like to before the academy starts.
                  I take it you are scheduled to start an academy?

Then I got a question... Why the heck are you at a party were illegal drugs and more than likely underage drinking is going on?

That's a good way to get fired before you even start.

Comment

Mad props, sir.
                    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                    that we are all that stands between
                    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

I would guess alcohol.
                      I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Originally posted by CountyCop22 View Post
                        I take it you are scheduled to start an academy?

Then I got a question... Why the heck are you at a party were illegal drugs and more than likely underage drinking is going on?

That's a good way to get fired before you even start.
                        I went to this party with some of my friends that just graduated for the City of Miami PD. Why not? Once I start the academy im stuck at home studying, I plan on doing nothing else. Then even after I graduate my days off will more than likely be Sun & Mons or Tues & Wed so no more weekends for me. There's trouble any where you go, honestly. Ex: I tried to go some where that i wouldn't run into trouble. So I went to the movies. Turns out theres a psycho sitting behind me praising the Lord and all sorts of things, and he starts praying saying crazy things like he hopes the movie theature doesn't blow up.

And now that I got no gf, what am I supposed to do? Stay home on my weekends until January (thats when my academy starts). No thanks, I'll try to go out and enjoy my remaining weekends. I understand why you say that though.

Comment

Why not?
                          We shouldn't have to tell you this. When you went and people underage were there drinking and illegal drugs were around, you should have left.

I understand why you say that though.
                          No, I really don't think you do.
                          sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

I too have to question your judgement in attending the type of party you did. Suppose things had really gone south? I mean the guy really stroked out, as in died. (It happens). Cops show up, investgation insues, drugs are found, rightly or wrongly the career you worked so hard for goes in the toilet. That's what we're talking about. Not suggesting you live like a hermit, and yeah, you're right, you're going to give up much while you're in the Academy. Just suggesting you pick your parties a little better. Good luck at the Academy and in your new career.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                              I too have to question your judgement in attending the type of party you did. Suppose things had really gone south? I mean the guy really stroked out, as in died. (It happens). Cops show up, investgation insues, drugs are found, rightly or wrongly the career you worked so hard for goes in the toilet. That's what we're talking about. Not suggesting you live like a hermit, and yeah, you're right, you're going to give up much while you're in the Academy. Just suggesting you pick your parties a little better. Good luck at the Academy and in your new career.
                              I was never aware that there was illegal drugs, there. Obviously I wouldn't have gone. Only reason I have to think there may have been drugs is this kid acting up the way he did. I didn't see or smell marijuana or any thing else. Fact is there's going to be drugs usually any where you go that involves partying or night life. This is the reason I don't host, throw, rent, or any thing under my name or at my house. I don't want to be held responsible for any accident like this. Let alone hardly attend any thing. I'm lucky if I go out to shoot pool or some thing once in a while. If I would have never attended the kid, I would have had nothing to do with this, I could have just walked out the door while every one else stood around panicking.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5136 users online. 291 members and 4845 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X