Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yankee_1
    replied
    In NY its very hard. only do 1 academy a year for about 30 new cops hired out of around 5000 who take the test.

Leave a comment:

• katseiye
    replied
    Originally posted by Tmg View Post
    Come to Dallas/ Fort Worth. The demand is huge. Dept are loosing officers to other departments. Everyone is hiring here.
    Ditto, When I first started in 86 as a reserve it was real skinny. Now FTW, Dallas, Dart Transit are all hiring huge numbers because of attrition to other agencies or retirement. Even D/FW airport has 35 openings at last count

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
    I want to stay here in my home state...I got a few departments in mind,I'll be happy in anyone...As far as Dallas PD is concerned, why are they losing people? I thought it was a popular place to be?..
    Huge retirement boom. and the new chief is firing people like crazy.

Leave a comment:

• stormz5192
    replied
    Good luck in NJ. On average, hundreds of people to choose from for 1 position. Most are already trained. No academy under your belt, good luck. In my agency, which hires off of the civil service list (given statewide every 2 years, residents hired first) there is no less than 300 people on the list. Most likely, we'll hire between 10 within that period.

With the great pay, great pension and the other benefits, NJ is extremely competitive place to get hired.

Leave a comment:

• jchughes05
    replied
    My agency needs to... just hired 9 more guys and not a single new car SINCE i've been there 2yrs ago.

Gonna have clown cars driving around staffed to the brim with officers in it.

Leave a comment:

• KAA951
    replied
    This might not be a great time to be looking for a job- even in law enforcement. I know many agencies are looking at a bleak budget with gas prices going up and tax income down.

My agency is suspending hiring and has stopped recruiting at job fairs.

Leave a comment:

• Southflaguy
    replied
    I want to stay here in my home state...I got a few departments in mind,I'll be happy in anyone...As far as Dallas PD is concerned, why are they losing people? I thought it was a popular place to be?..

Leave a comment:

• pulicords
    replied
    When I first started the application process, it was in the mid 1970's. There was double digit inflation, lots of unemployment and tons of ex-military (Vietnam vets) looking to get into law enforcement. One only needed a high school diploma or GED to qualify. There were literally hundreds of applicants for each opening and it didn't take much to get DQ'd or simply passed over for another applicant.

One test I took was a written/oral process that created a list from which seven local police departments would then select the top applicants for further processing (backgrounds, physical, polygraph, psych testing) and ultimately employment. More than 3000 applicants tested, I came out #23 on the list and still didn't get hired. There were a lot more qualified applicants then openings in those days!

Leave a comment:

• kc12
    replied
    Originally posted by JSODEP5338 View Post
    If you are willing to relocate finding a job will not be a problem. If you want to stay in a certain region, finding a job may be a little more difficult.
    This is the key. If you only want to serve your local community then obtaining a job in LE might be a little more difficult. If you just want to be a LEO and you don't care about your location then, as long as your background is clear, you should not have too many problems find employment. Someone is always hiring, locals, states, or Feds a job awaits.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Come to Dallas/ Fort Worth. The demand is huge. Dept are loosing officers to other departments. Everyone is hiring here.

Leave a comment:

• JSODEP5338
    replied
    If you are willing to relocate finding a job will not be a problem. If you want to stay in a certain region, finding a job may be a little more difficult.

Leave a comment:

• jchughes05
    replied
    There is ALWAYS a need for police officers!

Leave a comment:

• Southflaguy
    started a topic Demand for LEO's?...

Demand for LEO's?...

When you applied how was the demand/job market for LEO's?...Was there a need for a lot of LEO's, or was it hard getting a job (not hiring LEO's or other obstacles)?...
    Last edited by Southflaguy; 07-28-2008, 12:32 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5853 users online. 324 members and 5529 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X