300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With all these Officer shootings

I've started approaching all my traffic stops in a different way.

Just modified my technique slightly.

I would like to discuss this further but fear it would give away tactics.

Well, everything on these forums is public information. Everyone does traffic stops differently.. It's just what you feel safe and more comfortable doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Defender77 View Post
      I would like to discuss this further but fear it would give away tactics.
      Have you considered going to one of the Calibre Press Street Survival seminars? They are well put on, you will learn things you never dreamed of and what you do learn is so well taught that it's hard to forget.

Not only is it a chance to get away for a few days to a place of your choosing with a couple of hundred other cops from around the country, but its a tax write off as well.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I never heard of that before.

My friend did attend an advanced shooting course, but I guess this would apply more to traffic stops than for outright shooting?

Thanks for the information I appreciate it.

Comment

+1 on L-1s advice to go to one of the Street Survival seminars......I try to go at least every 3-4 years......they have them all over the country.....

Col. Dave Grossmans' "Bullet Proof Mind" seminar is another one I would suggest.....he doesnt really get into specific tactics ect, but more into the mental prep of preparing to be in the 'bad and scary'......
          The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9439 users online. 468 members and 8971 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X