Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you give tickets to people driving cars bearing a blue line decal?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you give tickets to people driving cars bearing a blue line decal?

After reading another thread about whether of not you write tickets to other law enforcement I pose this question after recognizing the decal under a poster's moniker. A neighbor who is a LEO claims he puts the thin blue line decals on all his vehicles so that he won't get a ticket as other officers will know he is in law enforcement. His friend does the same thing. Little decals on all their vehicles both front and back. So do you ticket those bearing the decal?

Yes.

A sticker is just that, a sticker. Anyone can buy a blue line sticker, I support so-and-so sticker, police union sticker, etc.

If the person is actually a cop I'll know one I pull them over anyway. If they're not... ticket city.
    Wis Statute 947.01: Disorderly Conduct - Whoever, in a public or private place, engages in behavior that is violent, abusive, indecent, profane, boisterous, unreasonably loud, or otherwise acts like a ****ing idiot, is guilty of a Class B misdemeanor.

Comment

I ticket people...not cars,stickers or decals. Please see other posts regarding who I ticket......what they drive or what is posted on the car does matter because anyone can get stickers and decals. I have pulled over mopes with Porac stickers on them......evidently the LEO who sold the car forgot to scrape them off.

Comment

sheesh!

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...+line+stickers

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by RobertoClemente View Post
          After reading another thread about whether of not you write tickets to other law enforcement I pose this question after recognizing the decal under a poster's moniker. A neighbor who is a LEO claims he puts the thin blue line decals on all his vehicles so that he won't get a ticket as other officers will know he is in law enforcement. His friend does the same thing. Little decals on all their vehicles both front and back. So do you ticket those bearing the decal?
          Stickers and cards don't mean crap! Tin me and you'll be on your way. And for family, they better know how to get in touch with you cause I'll probably call you to confirm. If so, they'll be on their merry way too!

Comment

Yes, I would issue an NOI to someone driving a vehicle that bears a thin blue line sticker unless the driver is a police officer.

Comment

I usually ask the driver what it means (like I've never seen one). Usually, they have no clue and will get a citation.
              “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Comment

It seems Blue Line stickers are very prevelant in the southern states. Most officers in the Northeast have either a PBA or FOP shield. Thank god the FOP stopped with the associate members, so only officers or family members in their household should have the shields.

To answer the question, if you have a sticker, thanks for the support, here's your summons. On the job, have a nice day.
                Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

A sticker is just a hunk of junk showing that you are desperate to get out of a ticket so you must be a frequent offender.
                  Unless you have a badge and ID to go along with that sticker you will give me your autograph.
                  Sign here push hard please.
                  Make the world a better place....punch a hippie in the face.

Be polite to everyone but be ready to kill them at a moments notice.

Former 11B3P, airborne!

Comment

Yes Ill usually cut a break to someone bearing the thin blue line.

Comment

1+
                      Some people were just dropped on their heads as children more than the rest of us!

Comment

IMO, When people ask me about stickers to help them get out of tickets, I often refer them to one of these instead of the Thin Blue Line:

Last edited by Taylor1430; 07-25-2008, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Recovered plenty of stolen cars with these on them and the free club that goes with them in the backseat where the owner left it.

Comment

I gave a ticket to a guy a couple of weeks ago who had a "Retired Sheriff Deputy" sticker on his back window. He told me his neighbor gave it to him to put on his car. After a butt chewing on just how wrong and dangerous it is for him to have it on his car he was on his merry way with a number of citations.
                            Caught in the action of kill or be killed, greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for his brother.

RIP brother and sister officers who have made the ultimate sacrifice.

Comment

only if they're really LEO. i ALWAYS write cops! the way i see it - they've probably caught a break from everyonelse, already J/K

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4206 users online. 183 members and 4023 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X