300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft - training for trouble

Now, i know competitive shooters & LE who practice with Airsoft (or BB guns) because of the availability & cost. They have their uses.

There are several punks in the neighborhood running around with Airsoft guns, shooting each other. Sure, all good fun. Today while finishing a bike ride, i was a victim of a drive-by Airsoft shooting. When i mentioned to the 'kids' that shooting people isn't a good idea, i was ignored, FU'd, etc. I also know kids have been shot (some killed) by officer's who couldn't tell the difference. I'm not LEO and can't imagine an officer showing up for a call like this, what can be done about this? OR are people just to embrace the new training techniques of future 'sters?

FYI- my neighborhood is fairly nice (have one LEO from about every agency within 30 miles) but near some trouble spots.

Thanks for comments.
    trainee

Shooting someone with an airsoft gun who's not playing the game is a felony in my state. Yes, you can call on that.

Comment

Plus, how about all the citizens with CCW? And off duty/retired cops?

If you point something that looks like a gun at me and shoot, I WILL return fire - and not with airsoft or BB's.

Definitely call the PD. You could save the lives of these morons.
      "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
      John Stuart Mill

Comment

Originally posted by Sleuth View Post
        Plus, how about all the citizens with CCW? And off duty/retired cops?

If you point something that looks like a gun at me and shoot, I WILL return fire - and not with airsoft or BB's.

Definitely call the PD. You could save the lives of these morons.
        +1

We have shot and killed more than a few knuckleheads out here in LA who pointed airsoft guns at the cops......

Some of the gangsters here like to use them for robberies, as there is no add charge of using a firearm in the commission of the crime (if they actually get caught)

As pointed out above, you point a firearm, or what LOOKS like a firearm, at me and I will shoot you......no questions asked.....
        The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
          Some of the gangsters here like to use them for robberies, as there is no add charge of using a firearm in the commission of the crime (if they actually get caught).
          That's one nice thing about Alaska: if you present it as a gun and the victim believes you, it's a real gun. Even if it's just your finger.

Comment

Originally posted by jakflak View Post
            That's one nice thing about Alaska: if you present it as a gun and the victim believes you, it's a real gun. Even if it's just your finger.
            I think they are trying to make an addition to the law to include replica firearms ect.....not sure how far along that is though.....
            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

I've seen MD cases go two different ways in regards to airsoft guns.

If you feel the airsoft gun is a real weapon and are not shot at then I've seen it become 1st Degree Assault.

Once you are actually hit it's only 2nd Degree assault which is a misdemenor. Again I've seen cases go both ways.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3886 users online. 183 members and 3703 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X