300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graveyard Shift -- Sex Life?

Okay, this is an honest question guys. I'm a 21 year old (hopefully) future LEO. I need to graduate from college (one more year, getting a business degree, from what I've read here it's good to have something to fall back on) and then I'm going to start the process.

I'm already a bit of a night owl, so the graveyard shift sounds good to me. Except for one aspect I'm confused about. Here's the scenario, you have a wife, a kid or two. In a normal situation you would be having sex with your wife after the kids go to sleep, and then you and her would both go to sleep. However, while working the graveyard shift, after the kids go to sleep you usually have to start getting ready for work and stuff. Does the graveyard shift affect your sex life?

I find this to be a serious question because sex is extremely important in a marriage.

Are you implying married people are having sex?

With each other?

I need to tell my wife about this!

Comment

Having kids in the house is more of a block to sex than working graves.
      Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Ahh yes, kids, the natural birth control method.

Sex?? Life?? What doth these two words mean??

Sex isn't that important in marriage. I should know, been married for 11 years and together with her for almost 15 now....having someone cook your dinner for ya....now THAT'S important in a marriage!
        Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Well once you get married, you will probably only have sex once or twice a week, save it for the nights off.

When I was on Midnights, I was a fan of the 730am romp in the sac. Good way to starts your wifes day, and a good way to end yours.

Comment

i work 1800-0600 but less than 182 nights per year, leaving plenty of nights at home. btw...you havent been married too long have you?

Comment

I think I'll let the Starland Vocal Band answer your question...
              sigpic
              Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Two words: Meal Break!

just kidding...
                If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

Originally posted by MaineSqueeze View Post
                  Well once you get married, you will probably only have sex once or twice a week . . .
                  EVERY week? Dayum!!!

I've got a WHOLE bunch of catchin' up to do.

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
                  "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

Originally posted by plainclothes View Post
                    Are you implying married people are having sex?

With each other?

I need to tell my wife about this!
                    Amen to that, that's news to me.

Comment

This is funny. Oh what it would be like to be 21 again...Thanks for the laughs kid
                      Walking the line...all give some...some give all!

Comment

I'm lucky if me and the woman do it once a month! lol

:-P
                        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                        that we are all that stands between
                        the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jchughes05 View Post
                          I'm lucky if me and the woman do it once a month! lol

:-P
                          First it was twice a week. And now I hear some are doing it at least once a month?

But even once a month . . .

Y'all are KILLIN' me here.

Either that or I'm missing out on some serious good times. (Or I had the wrong wife.) Yeah, that must be it - WRONG WIFE!

( Could also be ONE of the reasons she is now an EX-wife! )

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
                          "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

Good grief..........of all the questions asked on this forum..THIS one has got to be the best.

Let me get this straight...you are confused or rather concerned that working the graveyard shift will interfere with your sex life??

Oh my god people...this nation is swirling the drain!
                            This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Of course there wil still be sex. Likely hallway sex. Thats when you walk by each other in the hallway and yell F-You.
                              The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5744 users online. 399 members and 5345 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X