300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• serious questions about my first ticket

so i recently got my first ticket. and it wasnt for speeding. it was for excessive accleration. i was driving around my old neighborhood and i have a loud aftermarket exhaust. i now live in indiana but was just crusing around my old neighborhood in ohio and i stopped at a stop sign. turned and shifted to second when an officer yelled at me to stop so i did. he then procceded to ask me if this was the indy 500 and i responded no sir. he then asked for my license,insurance and registration. i handed them over and the officer went and talk to the guy i assume he was talking to before i he asked me to stop. it was at least 30 mins before he even went to the car to run my info. so by this time im not happy because i realize im getting a ticked but i dont know what for. after about 45 mins he comes back with excessive acceleration.when he came back i turn on my video camera just incase something happened and i need video proof in court. i asked him if it was a point violation and he said no it is like getting a faulty equipment ticket. so i went and paid the ticket the next day because i could not make the court date. the clerc of courts then told me it was like wreckless operation and would be two points on my license. so my question is what does this ticket really mean in terms of points toward my license and how will if affect my insurance. sorry for the long story but i tried to give all the details

Seems to me that there's probably more to the story.

Comment

Last edited by kruwl; 04-29-2010, 08:13 AM.

Comment

my confusion lies in the fact the wreckless op is 4 points so the clerk is either wrong or somebody is telling me wrong

Comment

I was wondering where all that was going up to the point of " I turned on the video camera in case something happened". Im sure there is alot more to that story. No, I do not want to hear it!

Comment

She said "like" reckless operation, not that it WAS reckless operation. In other words, it's a moving violation and not an equipment violation. Loud or faulty muffler would have been equipment, but that's apparently not what he wrote you for. A two second Google search located the Ohio point system online, I'll let you figure it out from there.

Comment

You just happen to have a video camera in your car "just in case?" Just in case of what?

Man you sound like one that used to plague this forum some time ago. You any relation to "Maxima lover?"

There are two sides to every story. Yours and the officer's. I would like to hear his account of this traffic stop.

p.s. The violation you were cited for is a moving violation. It would be more points (at least in my state) than a non-moving violation such as a seatbelt violation or muffler violation.
              I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

well i had a camera because i am into the car scene and i like to take pics of new cars that i see when we meet up. and it has a video function so i used it. also just called the police department again to clairfy and the officer told me that the citation was equivalent to a faulty equipment ticket and is a non moving violation also should i recive something in the mail saying i got a ticket? i have got nothing and it has been a month. ill give you the phone number in case you dont believe me

Comment

Originally posted by kasey07 View Post
                  well i had a camera because i am into the car scene and i like to take pics of new cars that i see when we meet up. and it has a video function so i used it. also just called the police department again to clairfy and the officer told me that the citation was equivalent to a faulty equipment ticket and is a non moving violation also should i recive something in the mail saying i got a ticket? i have got nothing and it has been a month. ill give you the phone number in case you dont believe me
                  Why would you expect to get a notice in the mail? Did he not give you a copy at the stop? When I hand out a ticket (very rare) that is all the notice you get. It is up to the violator now to be a big boy/girl and take care of the ticket!

Comment

i was just askin because my brother got a letter in the mail from the state highway patrol saying he got this many points and he now has this many points. i guess i didnt get one because i tried to pay the ticket as soon as i got it but couldnt. the police station was closed. so i paid it the next day. maybe because i paid it so fast they didnt bother to send it. i didnt know so i asked

Comment

Originally posted by kasey07 View Post
                      i was just askin because my brother got a letter in the mail from the state highway patrol saying he got this many points and he now has this many points. i guess i didnt get one because i tried to pay the ticket as soon as i got it but couldnt. the police station was closed. so i paid it the next day. maybe because i paid it so fast they didnt bother to send it. i didnt know so i asked
                      Kasey, it sounds like a "mover" to me. Two points on your DL sounds pretty likely. Watch your driving. You'll be OK.

Comment

Why not visit your local Division of Motor Vehicles office and show them the code section you were cited under and let them tell you (as that's who puts the points, if any ... on the record}. They may even have a pamplet on points stuff.
                        "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

I was going to post something but changed my mind.

*shakes head*

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5912 users online. 353 members and 5559 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X