Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anything someone does that instantly annoys you?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anything someone does that instantly annoys you?

I am in the process of executing my plan to become a police officer in 2 years. I have a big issue with certain things that people do, that instantly really annoy me. When people chew gum and make noise doing so, as well as what my mom does when she eats Life Savers really makes it so I have to leave the room to calm down. The sound it makes and believe it or not, the mint smell both really get to me, and Im worried this may be an issue if I am still the same way once I am an officer.

Do any of you have pet peeves that really get to you when people do them? If you do, what is it, and how do you deal with it? Thanks.

Stupid questions and people with lots of issues about what other people do bug the s**t out of me.

Other than that I really hate when people are lying to me and they know that I know that they're lying but they do it anyway 'cause their stupid and somehow actually believe I'm going to believe them.

Those things and houses (and people) that smell like cat poo.

Comment

Originally posted by WC145 View Post
      Stupid questions and people with lots of issues about what other people do bug the s**t out of me.

Other than that I really hate when people are lying to me and they know that I know that they're lying but they do it anyway 'cause their stupid and somehow actually believe I'm going to believe them.

Those things and houses (and people) that smell like cat poo.
      If that wasn't intended as a sarcastic remark to me, please forgive me, but it doesn't really seem like a need for that here. IMHO, I asked a valid question. Everyone has pet peeves, I just want to know what you guys do to deal with those pet peeves when they surface.

Comment

Don't be one of those people that goes up to an On Duty Officer and tells them that you're in the process...bugs the hell out of me and most Officers I know.....we don't care and it will make no difference in whatever we are doing or decide to do.

Comment

Walking into a restaurant or stop-n-rob or something and some drunk Yuppies raise their hands and say "Uh I didnt do it" or point to their equally drunk idiot friend saying "Hey Biff, they're here for you"
          I got nothing for now

Comment

Originally posted by HotSoup View Post
            Don't be one of those people that goes up to an On Duty Officer and tells them that you're in the process...bugs the hell out of me and most Officers I know.....we don't care and it will make no difference in whatever we are doing or decide to do.
            Not something I ever plan on doing. Im not any different than a regular civilian until after I've completed the academy and been sworn in, and shouldnt be treated any differently than one.

Comment

We all have pet peeves, e.g., drivers who refuse to signal, people who talk with their mouth full, the direction a roll of toilet paper should turn, screaming kids in a restaurant, etc. But having to leave the room to calm down because your mom is sucking on a Lifesaver is a bit over the top, isn't it?
              "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Originally posted by exComptonCop View Post
                We all have pet peeves, e.g., drivers who refuse to signal, people who talk with their mouth full, the direction a roll of toilet paper should turn, screaming kids in a restaurant, etc. But having to leave the room to calm down because your mom is sucking on a Lifesaver is a bit over the top, isn't it?
                Its not so much the lifesaver that make me have to leave the room, its more that I get extremely annoyed that my own mom is that rude around me when she knows it is something that really bugs me, and still does it. When the everyday person does it, I can deal with it fine, because I know they arent doing it on purpose knowing it is a big pet peeve of mine. I can deal with almost anything else, be it screaming kids at a resturaunt, loud music, etc.

Comment

Toilet paper has to go over the top....no questions about it....when I get voted in as King I'm making it a law ROFL

Comment

pet peeves….. I would have to say mine is when the criminal opens his mouth and starts to talk.
                    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

I understand your issue with gum chewers. That disgusts me too. I can't stand the smell or noise of it. Gross with a capital G! I find it really gross when someone chews it then plays with it with their hands. They have no idea how many germs they are putting in their mouth.

Comment

Just realize some of the things you will see as a police officer. If gum chewing bothers you, what about a body that has been in the water for 3 days and it is so bloated, it can actually explode when moved. You may never get that call, but you will have to respond to houses that are so nasty, you feel like you need to take a bath in pine-sol when you leave.
                        Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you...

Comment

Originally posted by 355339 View Post
                          but you will have to respond to houses that are so nasty, you feel like you need to take a bath in pine-sol when you leave.
                          That's the damn truth....I had to go repeatedly to a trailer park for this guy that was always calling in....place inside was trashed, he had about a million cats inside, the heater was always going and he was layed up in bed most of the time do to medical problems....I hated goin inside his trailer cause I would come out and the stench from inside would be on my uniform for the rest of the night...only way to get it out was to wash it....when he finally died me and my partner had to go over there....he had never been inside before and I refused to go in and told him why....he didn't think it would be that bad but he came out 5 min later and stank like that guys trailer for the rest of the night.

Comment

Originally posted by 355339 View Post
                            Just realize some of the things you will see as a police officer. If gum chewing bothers you, what about a body that has been in the water for 3 days and it is so bloated, it can actually explode when moved. You may never get that call, but you will have to respond to houses that are so nasty, you feel like you need to take a bath in pine-sol when you leave.
                            I honestly think I will do alright with that stuff. Besides, we dont have any water for bloated bodies here

Comment

Originally posted by HotSoup View Post
                              Toilet paper has to go over the top....no questions about it....when I get voted in as King I'm making it a law ROFL
                              No! Paper goes down! Everytime my roommate replaces the toilet paper, i have to correct it!! aaaaaah

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6338 users online. 358 members and 5980 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X