Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can be done about......Littering?

Every morning while retrieving my newspaper, I end up pcking up *beer cans/bottles/liquor/firecrackers and assorted junk* on my property thrown by jerks that have no regard for anyone else's property. This is aggravating.............

This is an age old problem but something needs to be done - hit them in the wallet ($1000.00 fine). The trick is too catch them in the act and the PD can't be everywhere.

I know there is no easy answer to this issue but maybe some of you that have caught litters can shed some light on this.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

I've issued a few $150 tickets for littering. Anything big, like illegal dumping, will be turned over to the environmental court. I caught a guy dumping drywall and construction debris next to a railroad track and got him for trespass on railroad property, driving while suspended, and a summons to environmental court.

As far as how to catch them, eh, its mostly luck. Honestly you're local PD probably isn't going to set up a littering sting. You can make them aware of the problem and maybe they can provide extra patrol, but unless there isn't much else going on in your town don't expect a big response.
    I miss you, Dave.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Alabama has two statutes regarding Littering. One is Highway Littering, and is covered in Title 32,Code of Alabama. (Traffic). The other is Criminal Littering, and is covered in Title 13 A-Code of Alabama. I can readily sympathize with your concerns, but as has been noted, your local Police or Sheriff's Dept probably isn't going to put a high priority on the problem. IMHO, only a certified "Low life" litters. It was always a citation I enjoyed writing. Often times the stop led to other violations.

Comment

In CA, we have to witness the violation.....up to a $1000 fine if we do, though......
        The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

I appreciate your advice but I would not bother our local PD with this issue - they have far bigger problems than that.

I thought there was something *citizens* can do to combat this aggravating issue..........

Comment

Originally posted by 2411Show View Post
            I appreciate your advice but I would not bother our local PD with this issue - they have far bigger problems than that.

I thought there was something *citizens* can do to combat this aggravating issue..........
            Unless you want to spends your days picking up after everyone else, notifying the local LE office is about your only choice........
            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Thanks LA DEP!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2995 users online. 178 members and 2817 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X