300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Predicament

Been getting mixed reactions and mixed responses in regards to a situation that has arisen locally in our law enforcement community. Some legal counsel tip toe around the situation, others want to go for the jugular. So i figured i might as well go to my brothers and sisters.

A good friend from the academy i attended was just recently injured on the job (head injury) As a result, there is the possibility that because of her condition she may not be able to serve in the patrol capacity any longer. While she has made a remarkable recovery, there was some permanent damage done that would serve as a roadblock as a patrol officer. The main reason for my post is to inquire a larger pool of police officers nationwide who were injured on the job (non car accident) as to whether there are any civil ramifications for the defendant responsible for assaulting a police officer on private property (private residence.) I understand there are mitigating circumstances and a different set of legal guidlines that differ state to state. Also, factor in the criminal trial. Just curious as to whether or not anyone has been in the same predicament, if a suit was filed, and what type of monetary damages were received by the officer.

Feel free to PM - Just looking for some personal knowledge and insight/advise i may be able to pass forward to her.

You could file a civil claim here in CA.....BUT, if you were to win an award of damages ect, the Dept WILL make a claim against that for the expenses that they have paid for your medical treatment, time off work ect......

Still might be worth it though.....
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Take them to court and milk them dry. Everybody seems to think they can sue LE for looking at them wrong but they can do whatever to us and get away with it. I have only heard of some auto accidents and slander cases where officers got monetary settlement. As LA DEP said the department will want reimbursement for their expenses that's why you set the bar high.
      Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3491 users online. 183 members and 3308 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X