Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My job choice appropriate for future LEO Career? Chime in!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My job choice appropriate for future LEO Career? Chime in!

Hello,
    I just quit my job at a gunshop selling firearms. I liked the job because I dealt with alot of nice people and had frequent LEO interaction, got many many great advices from different officers. Also I love guns so I was around what I liked BUT I was only getting 8/hr which wasn't enough to make the ends meet with me and my wife and going to college full-time. (Working on a B.A). My career choice as an LEO is what I work and go to school for, I am very passionate about the career.

My question is, I just got a new job that pays double what I made as a salesman. Armoured courier. I am currently driving the vehicle and once I get cleared for gun permit I will be walking the money. Anyway, pay is good but the danger is high.

How will the departments look at this career choice? I mean I'm risking my life for someone else's money but I gotta do what I gotta do to pay rent...

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

It won't hurt you. It's a private security job which of itself won't help a lot, but again it won't hurt you. It's just a job. I've always wondered if the courriers had to qualify with their pistols, and you could emphasize the fact that you've already managed to qualify with a handgun - something some new hires can't do.

Comment

Sounds like a good career move to me.

Comment

No problem with either job. Good luck in your future plans.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10371 users online. 396 members and 9975 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
        X