Collapse

Leaderboard

Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are seeing the beginning to the end of the CVPI?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are seeing the beginning to the end of the CVPI?

Ford phased out the civilian version, now with the Impala and especially the Charger, are we going to see an end to the CVPI? I don't know if it's fair to judge thousand of vehicles on two cars, but I know 2 people who own Chrysler 300Ms, and they both are having problems, but under 40K miles. They don't seem like reliable cars.

(Man, what a horrible place to make a typo, my title!)
    Last edited by Sarkis; 06-30-2008, 01:35 PM.

I'm in my 20th year on the job and have been hearing for most of that the Ford is getting rid of the CV next year. Hasn't happened yet.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Not as long as cops need trunk space for their toys. I've driven the Impala and it was ok, but its a little tight on me.
      I miss you, Dave.
      http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

The CV is adequate in this "no chase" era of Law Enforcement. It's relatively safe, reliable, comfortable, and since we've been driving it for 12 years, its familiar.

But man, it couldn't catch a cold...

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
          I'm in my 20th year on the job and have been hearing for most of that the Ford is getting rid of the CV next year. Hasn't happened yet.

I was thinking the same thing...ha. Two things are consistent in police work, you get a raise every year and the CV will always be around...

Comment

Originally posted by VegasMetro View Post
            I was thinking the same thing...ha. Two things are consistent in police work, you get a raise every year and the CV will always be around...
            uhmmmm....I went 9 years without a raise, so when is the CV going bye bye?
            A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

I've never driven a Vic, so I wouldnt know anything about it. Had an Impala since the day I started. I'm supposed to be getting one, tho.
              The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
              that we are all that stands between
              the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

At least that upside-down bathtub, they called the Chevy Caprice, is out of the mix.
                "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by ray8285 View Post
                  uhmmmm....I went 9 years without a raise, so when is the CV going bye bye?
                  wow, time to change jobs...I take it you guys don't have a union or a contract??? I'm not trying to rub it in, but we get yearly COLA increases that are negotiated by our unions.

Comment

Originally posted by VegasMetro View Post
                    wow, time to change jobs...I take it you guys don't have a union or a contract??? I'm not trying to rub it in, but we get yearly COLA increases that are negotiated by our unions.
                    To be fair we get COLA's but only at the discretion of the county commission(2-3% usually), I just don't consider that a pay raise.

No, we have no union reps, MO is a right to work state and we can be fired without cause at any time. It sounds a lot worse than it is, the Sheriff's (I've worked for 3) have never fired without cause.
                    A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
                      At least that upside-down bathtub, they called the Chevy Caprice, is out of the mix.
                      Kieth, that's the funniest thing! I thought I was the only one that referred to that damned ugly Caprice as the upside-down bathtub!!
                      Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

The basic design of the Crown Vic dates back to 1978. One could say the current model is a modern version of itself. I give it two years, max.

Comment

It probably makes money for Ford, and they can reliably move a bunch of them every year - police vehicles always need replacing. With a stable market, if it makes money, it won't go away.
                          For every one hundred men you send us,
                          Ten should not even be here.
                          Eighty are nothing but targets.
                          Nine of them are real fighters;
                          We are lucky to have them, they the battle make.
                          Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior.
                          And he will bring the others back.

Comment

Originally posted by (S)Sgt Elmer View Post
                            It probably makes money for Ford,
                            Right now, nothing is making money for Ford, or Chrysler, or GM. Ford builds the Crown Vic at its St Thomas, Ontario plant. It's a one-shift operation, i.e. running at 1/3 capacity. The plant also builds the Lincoln Town Car, whose sales have collapsed. I suspect the Lincoln, loaded with high-profit fripperies such as premium stereos, leather seats, and fancy carpets subsidises the police Crown Vics.

police vehicles always need replacing
                            Yeah, but with high gas prices we may be driving less and replacing cars less frequently.

Comment

This upside down bath tub doesn't look too bad

I remember hemicop was saying in another thread that they loved the Caprices.

It will be said to see the CVPI go if they do go in two or three years, but it is true, I am not seeing as much Towncars out on the road these days.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7509 users online. 432 members and 7077 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X