X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bad neighbor who happens to be in LE

Last edited by RobertoClemente; 04-11-2008, 11:32 AM. Reason: duplicate

Just an update.

We followed suggestions to contact the guy's superiors. They are planning an interview. Local officers we know plan to increase patrols in our area. Someone who works in the area of this guy has given us some great ideas to work with.
    Others encouraged the continued surveillance with cameras.

Thanks to those who offered positive ideas here and in another forum.

Comment

Just an update on the situation. We had someone provide some interesting details that shed some light on our problem. The "young wife" referenced to in my other thread http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87104 apparently has a criminal history. She has been arrested on more than one occasion but haven't been given the specifics as yet. We are still on a fact finding mission at this point.

I met with someone who works with the husband and this guy says he is a real dud as many around him don't really respect him. Things are coming together.

I'm waiting on the interview. Thanks again

Comment

Roberto

If there is some kind of investigation going on. This is probabkly not the place to discuss it. How do you know your neighbor, or one of his friends does not post here.

Just Sayin

M-11
        “All men dream...... But not equally..
        Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
        but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
        for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Roberto we see you've returned, how was you're vacation?
          Take care and stay safe!
          Ralph8119
          A Little Something Else For Those 60's & 70's Music Lovers On Line!
          sigpic
          http://www.myfreenetradio.com/listen70s.asx

A Cool Website On History In Photos Of The New York City Police Department!
          http://www.policeny.com/home.html

Policelink!
          http://policelink.monster.com/member/Ralph8119

Inside The New York City Police Academy!
          http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/pr/videos.shtml

Comment

M-11,

Thanks for the concern. This fellow isn't that bright. His wife wears the pants if you know what I mean. Fortunately, I am happy to say that more neighbors have joined in assisting me. They are "keeping an eye" on our aggressor which offers comfort should we need a witness. One neighbor is about as busy-body as the young wife.

I am curious about something. An officer friend mentioned that this guy would have access to a system of the treasury department. He said it was some communication system with everyone's personal data called a TECS? The friend aid that if the guy used it illegally he could be in serious trouble since accessing it would reveal his use. Do you know anything about this? Can he stage something with this or enter bogus information? Frankly, he just isn't that bright but you never know, he may be dumb enough. He did pull something before.

Comment

I think you should wait until the investigation is concluded BEFORE discussing the tactics.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanG View Post
                I think you should wait until the investigation is concluded BEFORE discussing the tactics.
                +1. And who's helping you.

Comment

There is a movie coming out in September called "Lakeview Terrace." It made me think about your situation. Its about a bad neighbor doing wierd and bad things to his neighbor and it turn out he is an LAPD Officer (played by Sameul L. Jackson.) Hope things work out for you.

Comment

We Got It Now!

Originally posted by RobertoClemente View Post
                    Just an update.

We followed suggestions to contact the guy's superiors. They are planning an interview. Local officers we know plan to increase patrols in our area. Someone who works in the area of this guy has given us some great ideas to work with.
                    Others encouraged the continued surveillance with cameras.

Thanks to those who offered positive ideas here and in another forum.
                    O.k. Roberto a neighbor sent us a photo of the real problem that you're having with the cop next door, now I see you're situation bud!!

Take care and stay safe!
                    Ralph8119
                    A Little Something Else For Those 60's & 70's Music Lovers On Line!
                    sigpic
                    http://www.myfreenetradio.com/listen70s.asx

A Cool Website On History In Photos Of The New York City Police Department!
                    http://www.policeny.com/home.html

Policelink!
                    http://policelink.monster.com/member/Ralph8119

Inside The New York City Police Academy!
                    http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/pr/videos.shtml

Comment

There is a movie coming out in September called "Lakeview Terrace." It made me think about your situation. Its about a bad neighbor doing wierd and bad things to his neighbor and it turn out he is an LAPD Officer (played by Sameul L. Jackson.) Hope things work out for you.
                      CAhokie,

thanks for the idea. I will look out for the movie as it may shed some light on the issue. We have always been law abiding citizens but have never been confronted with someone who is bent on twisting the law to suit their personal needs. Especially when they were hired to enforce it.
                      About this TECS. Can this person alter or fabricate information in this system?

thanks again

Comment

Man oh man - RobertoClemente you have some fixation on your neighbor. Kinda makes me wonder who the previous neighbor was and why they moved out.....

Hopefully you're getting your frustrations out on this board and not calling your local law enforcement bothering them. Not sure where you live, other then the Southern USA. I know this, about the 3rd time I had to respond to this crap, I would do two things, first I'd let everyone in my district know about you, secondly I would refer you to the local Justice of the Peace (JP).

So far no crime has been committed and you're wasting precious resources that has more important things to do than listen to your complaints.

This is a civil matter between you and your neighbor, not a criminal one. If you are bothering your local PD, I’ll bet their response times are getting longer and longer. Sounds to me like your crying wolf, and I have to agree with RALPH8119, give it a break.

Heaven forbid one day something serious happens and you need police assistance. You don’t want to be the guy who cried wolf once too often.

Let it go.

Comment

Man oh man - RobertoClemente you have some fixation on your neighbor.
                          Actually, if you've read the details it is quite the opposite way around.
                          http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87104

Hopefully you're getting your frustrations out on this board and not calling your local law enforcement bothering them.
                          No frustrations. Gathering information and thusfar between this board and another board I've gotten plenty of great ideas.

I know this, about the 3rd time I had to respond to this crap, I would do two things, first I'd let everyone in my district know about you, secondly I would refer you to the local Justice of the Peace (JP).
                          I thank God that you are/were not the LEO to respond to our needs. The ones we are dealing with are very understanding. If anything, I'm told by friends in LE that the young wife is already labeled. That's a good thing IMO.

So far no crime has been committed and you're wasting precious resources that has more important things to do than listen to your complaints.
                          I've heard a couple people in this forum assume that notion. Frankly, for someone to lie to a LEO, fabricate a story and take someone to court and then subsequently lie under oath, to me that is a crime. Further, to harass another's wife, to property damage and stalk with binoculars in my book is also a crime. Maybe he gets a pass? The camera doesn't lie. I doubt that given being in the same position you would feel any differently. He has a shield to hide behind; I do not!

This is a civil matter between you and your neighbor, not a criminal one.
                          Probably so as it is hard to prove his crime other than having an astute judge see through his lie(s). Again pictures will be very useful. A more recent challenge will be the defamation suit we plan to bring against the young wife. She has been spreading some vicious lies and we plan to take her to court on that. We've had friends willing to be witness as to what they heard her say. After that we will seek restitution for all of our attorney fees in small claims.

If you are bothering your local PD, I’ll bet their response times are getting longer and longer. Sounds to me like your crying wolf,..."
                          Actually, the neighbor has been the aggressor and the stager. They have made the calls; one even on the young wife's own mother, so I doubt local LE has a problem with us. Many of my discussions have been with officers I know personally and they understand the situation very well. They have asked us to call for ANYTHING. They apparently don't like the stigma one bad LEO brings to their general reputation. Also, we are discussing the issues with his superiors. They don't seem one bit "bothered" by us so far. If anything they are very interested.

Heaven forbid one day something serious happens and you need police assistance. You don’t want to be the guy who cried wolf once too often.
                          I've called them "officially" once. Maybe that will help you understand better. I am not the aggressor. Frankly, we have asked numerous times to be simply left alone. They cannot "let it go" so I will continue to gather evidence, build our case and if the young man still cannot get it through his skull to back off, we will be the ones taking THEM to court.

BTW, I had good LEO friends in the Quarter. Mandeville's a nice place, too.

Comment

Question.

If a neighbor has someone else cause property damage from his yard to mine, who is/can be liable? Can the neighbor be sued/arrested as well as the person committing the activity from his yard?

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by RobertoClemente View Post
                              Question.

If a neighbor has someone else cause property damage from his yard to mine, who is/can be liable? Can the neighbor be sued/arrested as well as the person committing the activity from his yard?

thank you
                              How can you prove your neighbor had someone do it?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4752 users online. 266 members and 4486 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X