300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swearing at a cop

What are the consquences for swearing at a cop for no reason.

Probably depends on the jurisdiction, and possibly the presence of witnesses.

Comment

Someone once said to me "I swear you are the nicest cop I've ever been stopped by!"

I have a thick skin, but if you bring yourself to my attention, I will then give you my full attention and hold you accountable to the letter of any law you may be in violation of (and if you are in a car, believe me, I will find something). If you are good today, rest assured, I will remember you. I see such behavior as a cry for help.... they obviolsy want me to help them go to jail
      LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP BEER!

Comment

Couldn't help but notice your profile says you are sworn but you indicate you aren't LE in your profile. Whats up with that?
        The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Give it a try, let us know how you make out!
          "Don't mistake my kindness, for weakness"

Comment

In New York consequences for the words alone....but you'd better be whispering them while standing stock still....or you are openning yourself up to a lot of other charges.

Comment

Get it almost every day in LA.....
              The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by MO Trooper View Post
                Probably depends on the jurisdiction, and possibly the presence of witnesses.
                On I-44....Rest Stop at the 110 mile marker.... about 2:00AM.....no one around.....but them and you.....

Comment

Originally posted by nissan1998 View Post
                  If people are around and you do it countinuously causing a "breech of the peace", you are going to jail.

Comment

Originally posted by nissan1998 View Post
                    Too broad a question. I would say that depending on where you are, and the individual officer, it might get you anywhere from ignored, to locked up and might even lead to a knuckle sandwich. But that's just a guess.
                    "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

If you are in Colorado and in a public place, thats disorderly conduct. An arrest would be performed which usually leads to obstruction and resisting arrest. We call it the trifecta around my city.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex View Post
                        If you are in Colorado and in a public place, thats disorderly conduct. An arrest would be performed which usually leads to obstruction and resisting arrest. We call it the trifecta around my city.

That's how it works around here in the bigger cities too. In the smaller more Rural area's they tell you to just let it roll, unless they are causing to big of a problem then they go with you on that long trip.
                        Some people were just dropped on their heads as children more than the rest of us!

Comment

Originally posted by nebraska_deputy View Post
                          That's how it works around here in the bigger cities too. In the smaller more Rural area's they tell you to just let it roll, unless they are causing to big of a problem then they go with you on that long trip.
                          I know what you mean, I worked for a smaller city at one point in my career. The admin for the city I currently work for made it fairly clear that we are not to take any crap from the scroats. I never thought I would say this, but my admin gives me the warm fuzzies all over .

Comment

Somebody posted this in another thread. I kind of like it.
                            Attached Files
                            Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

In New York you better keep it zipped, especially if "The Public" is around because you'll get arrested and have a nice trip to the BEN DOVER LODGE

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3737 users online. 257 members and 3480 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X