300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SW states work with BP

Sorry if this is dup. I can't find the orginal post i added.

What happens if BP gets a call for an illegal and the person isn't an illegal? Do they have to call the regular LE folks and hand the person off? This is assuming the person appears to be committing a crime.

Seems like a lot of extra work for both groups.

I am not familiar with how that would work.

Probably the same as when I find someone doing a crime on the reservation in our county and they are indian. I just hold them until the tribal police arrive and hand the person off. Then I just write a report and forward it to their agency. Otherwise they can arrest the person and forward him back to our county for charges. Either way, a forward.

Comment

1. If not right at the border, they call I.C.E., not BP.
      2. If a crime has been committed, the locals take the body, and I.C.E. places an immigration hold on him/her/it. That means that if they make bail, I.C.E. has to determine their immigration status prior to their release. If they are 'wet' (illegal), they go from the county jail to an immigration holding facility.
      3. If they are only suspected of being wet, I.C.E. will make the determination and release them on the spot if here legally.
      In short, the crime takes precedence over the immigration status.
      Last edited by Sleuth; 02-28-2008, 04:15 PM.
      "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
      John Stuart Mill

Comment

I guess it all depends on who called BP in the first place. If a random citizen calls and says there is an illegal, they might not respond very fast if at all. If they were stopped by and LEO in the first place and they were doing something wrong then they get arrested same as anyone else. ( we put a detainer for BP if they are illegal.) the way that we would know if they are illegal (in the city i am from anyway) is if they have no ID we take them to the BP station and finger print them. If they come back as a legal citizen then we charge them for whatever we were going to in the first place.
        -GOD CREATED POLICE OFFICERS SO THAT FIRE FIGHTERS COULD HAVE HEROES TOO!-

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2225 users online. 86 members and 2139 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X