No announcement yet.

What is your favorite division/squad in your department?

300x250 Mobile

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite division/squad in your department?

Just like the title says, what would be your "dream" job in your department? If you are already part of your favorite division/squad, post up what you do and why you love it. Examples:
    Motor division
    Lake patrol
    Fugitive Recovery
    Air Patrol
    Personal crimes
    Etc. (you get it by now)

I'm finishing up school now but I always thought that I would love to be part of a Fugitive/criminal apprehension team. I imagine that the thrill of the chase has to be a high like no other.

This was asked once before & got quite a few answers but to answer it again for me it's : K-9
    SAU (SWAT)
    Special Projects
    Air Support
    Airport Detail (Great OT)
    In that order........

Narcotics was absolutley the best job I have ever had in Law Enforcement. I spent almost half my career undercover. The commeradery was great, training was the best. We were allowed to go all over the country to get the best courses. We worked on a closeknit team and they were like brothers. I may go back as a supervisor sometime.
      The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Originally posted by hemicop View Post
        This was asked once before & got quite a few answers but to answer it again for me it's : K-9
        Ewww... I cant stand dogs. But I do understand why people like/love them. Favorite unit? Hmmmmmm. An instructor at the FLETC driving range.. They get to **** cars up all day everyday, drive as fast as they can within their limits, the car gets totaled, order a new one. Must be nice....

Patrol. I am in Air Support as well, but it is just on-call/scheduled as needed. We don't have Motors, so Patrol is where it's at. I have never had any desire to be a detective or admin weenie.
          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Patrol is awesome.. But I also love "Gang"! I love the dynamics of gang work and the culture its basis is on!
            Never take what happens personally because of who we are and what we do.. Its a game, at which we are on the other side of the line, and the stakes are higher!

In my agency is was Warrant Detail. I have done different types of police work over the years at different agencies, but I still get a feeling of satisfaction when I lock up someone that desperately deserves it.

For me, I think it would be Task Force, K9, and CID.
                The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                that we are all that stands between
                the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

Probation Officer here in Nor Cal. No doubt my favorite is our High Risk Adult Felony Unit. Toss for dope and serve PC needed, no Judges signature, no paper to write. to prison.

Originally posted by jchughes05 View Post
                    For me, I think it would be Task Force, K9, and CID.
                    Which Task Force? (Drugs, Gangs, Fugitive, Auto Theft, etc.)

What's Going On

There are currently 5541 users online. 273 members and 5268 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad