300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "That Guy" in the academy

So how do you guys propose my class make an "award" for the "that guy" nomination....We have "that guy" clearly marked already one month in. This guy adds (no joke) about 30 mins to class every single day by asking stuuuupid questions. It should also be noted that he won't study with the rest of the class because he says he intends to be the valedictorian and doesn't want anyone to have an edge on him....

jump that guy before class begins. handcuff him to a tree out front, pull his shirt off, and cover him with multiple cans of pink silly string. then leave him there like that and start your day. it worked for us, and brought the entire class together.

Comment

Grown up answer? Mind your business and worry about yourself, not some childish BS in rookie school. You're job is to learn and graduate, not bully someone that "all" of you don't like.
      sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Have each person chip in a buck or two and get him a "That Guy... " plaque. I'm sure you could find some somewhere.
        sigpic

Comment

"That Guy" in our class was his own worst enemy. Just sit back and enjoy the show
          LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP BEER!

Comment

We had That Guy in our class too. Eventually it was decided that he would not say with our class or his agency.
            Northtechsan
            Forum Member
            Last edited by Northtechsan; 02-06-2008, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Don't play high school games. When you get to your respective agencies, there is a pretty good chance that the oldtimers will look at all of you like you look at That Guy.
              Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I agree with ateamer. Every calss has "That Guy" and just about every time, he'll burn himself. Ignore him. The object of the academy is to give you the necessary tools to start your career as a police officer, not to play kiddy games with the idiot in class. Chances are if you notice "that guy" so does the academy cadre. He'll be his own worst enemy in the end.

Comment

Maybe his questions arent stupid to him, and maybe he's the only one who has the grapefruits to ask the question when 30 other people are sitting there, having the same question, but dont want to speak in front of everyone.

I remember I had a question on search incident to arrest, and the instructor took like 15 minutes explaining it,I knew it was a good question, and so did everyone else, but no one would tell you that.

Comment

It's an old saw, but there are no stupid questions. If those questions help one person in class, even That Guy, make it through, then it was a very good question.
                    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Suck it up, ignore them if they really bug you, and move on. Act like an adult. Those are pretty good pieces of advice in my opinion. FTO and hitting the street will sort them out. No use making an enemy of someone who might be saving your bacon later on (or someone who might be giving you orders). LE is about dealing with all kinds of people and being professional. Start practicing that
                      I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
                        Grown up answer? Mind your business and worry about yourself, not some childish BS in rookie school. You're job is to learn and graduate, not bully someone that "all" of you don't like.
                        Seriously, this is the way it has to be. Nothing good can come of any prank, gag, joke or anything else that you guys try to pull.

If you think your career is worth your ten minutes of fun, go forward with your silly self. If not, listen to what the experienced people are saying.

Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Polarbear00 View Post
                          So how do you guys propose my class make an "award" for the "that guy" nomination....We have "that guy" clearly marked already one month in. This guy adds (no joke) about 30 mins to class every single day by asking stuuuupid questions. It should also be noted that he won't study with the rest of the class because he says he intends to be the valedictorian and doesn't want anyone to have an edge on him....
                          Or you can be a leader amongst your peers, and speak to him in private about the issue. Don't call him out in front of your class or in front of anyone else, but discreetly bring it to his attention that he's acting the fool.

Anyone can sit back and point a finger and criticize, a leader will step up to resolve a problem.

Always remember, you don't need stripes or bars to be a leader in your squad, agency, or community.
                          Invisible cows control my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdtruckcop View Post
                            I agree with ateamer. Every calss has "That Guy" and just about every time, he'll burn himself. Ignore him. The object of the academy is to give you the necessary tools to start your career as a police officer, not to play kiddy games with the idiot in class. Chances are if you notice "that guy" so does the academy cadre. He'll be his own worst enemy in the end.
                            So true. Saw it myself. Talked himself right out of the academy.

Go ahead and do what you need and are needed to do. Mind your own bee's wax.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
                              Dang, thats a reality check right there.
                              ...hunter of the shadows is rising...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3785 users online. 240 members and 3545 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X