Helicopter crew chief for the county.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin_Callahan
    replied
    Rodeo Clown.

Leave a comment:

• Sleuth
    replied
    Since I lived along the Mexican Border most of my life, "Plant Quarantine" worked - no one wanted to hear any details.

And, I used to arrest a lot of dopers!

Leave a comment:

• shillxsh
    replied
    Originally posted by majnation View Post
    I am a new police officer and captains, chiefs, and others always say new show your badge off duty. and they always say never let anyone know that you are a cop. so my question is " What do you tell people when they ask what you do for a living?" please let me know .. thank you for you time
    The main reason seasoned officers don't tell Joe Smoe at a party what they do for a living, is they get tired of hearing every complaint and story that you've heard at every party you've gone to since you joined the department. You want to leave the job at the door sometime, and not deal with the gripes and complaints everywhere you go.

Leave a comment:

• Winston
    replied
    If I am comfortable, I tell people what I do. But, if I dont know them, or it does not feel right, I tell people I run a bar. I never have my badge in my wallet, and I never 'badge up' off duty. 1, my dept will not support me if things go pear shaped. 2, in Australia, we do not have off duty weapons, and while at work I have my Glock, my oc spray, my whacking stick, and most importantly, my portable radio. Off duty all you have is you.

Leave a comment:

• kcpd2528
    replied
    I tell people I'm on the KCPD BDRT (baby daddy removal team). In reality, I try not to talk to strangers when not at work.

Leave a comment:

• miked6
    replied
    Originally posted by BehindBars View Post
    I work for the city.
    Exactly.

Leave a comment:

• JSD73
    replied
    I don't carry my badge off duty, it means nothing, what holds weight is the official ID card in my wallet that identifies me as a Deputy Sheriff and my TCLEOSE card.

I tell people I work in Public Relations specializing in damage control.

Leave a comment:

• DeputySC
    replied
    I always carry my badge, l/e ID, and a gun off duty the majority of the time. Then again I also work in a high crime area and live smack in the middle of it. I arrested a few of my neighbors a few doors down. I think it is better for your own safety to not carry one without the other.

Whenever people ask what I do for a living I just tell them I work for the county. They usually assume that means im in law enforcement, take a hint and let it go, or keep asking questions.
    Last edited by DeputySC; 02-03-2008, 10:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jchughes05
    replied
    The only reason I carry my badge off duty when armed is because I was told to.

Leave a comment:

• zap
    replied
    I'm a professional SRT (Stupidity Recognition Technician).

Leave a comment:

• ArkansasFan24
    replied
    Originally posted by C-Charlie42 View Post
    I just tell em that I work for UPS. What can brown do for you?
    LMAO. I now wear a brown uniform so I've said this too.

Leave a comment:

• fedguy889
    replied
    Adult Film Actor

Leave a comment:

• CityCopDC
    replied
    Originally posted by BPD_126 View Post
    I agree w/ you CityCopDC. I think, what if I'm off duty in an active shooter scenario? I'm shooting at the shooter and some cop in uniform comes up from behind me and headshots me........... Most of the time my badge is on my belt, under my shirt.......lotta good that does. If a uniformed officer approaches you from one angle he can't see your badge at, you're now the guy w/ the gun or party armed or active shooter. I guess the only solution is not to shoot anyone off duty and hide....... There has to be some solution to this though, other than carrying 5 badges on you, hanging off your neck in front and back etc..... I'd be scared to death if I were shooting back at an active shooter in the mall in plain clothes.
    Best advice I can give you if you have to do it is BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS. Give loud verbal commands and consistently scan in every direction watching if anyone is approaching you. As the sirens/lights get closer, PUT THAT GUN AWAY, get down on one knee and keep your hands visible. Remember, you do just as good by being a witness than possibly getting involved and getting shot.

Leave a comment:

• Frank Booth
    Guest replied
    There has to be some solution to this though
    First there should be a problem.....

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3987 users online. 278 members and 3709 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X