Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tell people I'm on the KCPD BDRT (baby daddy removal team). In reality, I try not to talk to strangers when not at work.
    "You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." --Dave Grossman

Comment

If I am comfortable, I tell people what I do. But, if I dont know them, or it does not feel right, I tell people I run a bar. I never have my badge in my wallet, and I never 'badge up' off duty. 1, my dept will not support me if things go pear shaped. 2, in Australia, we do not have off duty weapons, and while at work I have my Glock, my oc spray, my whacking stick, and most importantly, my portable radio. Off duty all you have is you.
      I do God's work.

Comment

Originally posted by majnation View Post
        I am a new police officer and captains, chiefs, and others always say new show your badge off duty. and they always say never let anyone know that you are a cop. so my question is " What do you tell people when they ask what you do for a living?" please let me know .. thank you for you time
        The main reason seasoned officers don't tell Joe Smoe at a party what they do for a living, is they get tired of hearing every complaint and story that you've heard at every party you've gone to since you joined the department. You want to leave the job at the door sometime, and not deal with the gripes and complaints everywhere you go.

Comment

Since I lived along the Mexican Border most of my life, "Plant Quarantine" worked - no one wanted to hear any details.

And, I used to arrest a lot of dopers!
          "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
          John Stuart Mill

Comment

Rodeo Clown.
            Anyone who believes "the customer is always right" has never been a police officer.

Comment

Helicopter crew chief for the county.
              Airborne Cops are closer to God.
              Arms and legs are just extensions of flight controls.

THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4061 users online. 284 members and 3777 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X