Tattoo's?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tattoo's?

I'm trying to get into a force up here in Canuck country and am wondering how many officers out there have tattoos? I have my entire back covered by wings (long story) and have Mathew 5:6 from the Bible on my arm, so nothing really innapropriate and easily covered with a t-shirt.

I'm sure the answer is most likely going to be the policy per department, but do any of you guys have tattoos? Does your force have strict policies on them?
    "If you have to justify to yourself, or others why what you're doing isn't wrong; it is."

Most agencies that have a police in place will just prohibit them from being visible. I think phoenix has a policy that prohibits officers from even getting them. I may be way off with that though. My agency just makes you cover them up. So if you have 'em on your forearm, well long sleeves are mighty hot during the summer.
    Nemo me impune lacessit.

Comment

Once again, it depends on the agency.

If you are interested in a particular agency up there, call them (or go to their website) and ask....

I know in Northern Virginia, a female that has a full sleeve....and was working on another one (plus had them littered all over her body) at one time and her PD (Fairfax County) had no issues with her....

But....I know of agencies around the US that won't allow for tattoos at all....or won't allow for tattoos that can be seen if you are wearing a short sleeve shirt......

Good luck...

Comment

There is a department here that does not allow them on the forearm. You could be an A+ candidiate and they will not hire you.

Comment

I have the letter M tattooed on each but cheek. When I stand on my head it spells wow.
          Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

I have the letter M tattooed on each but cheek. When I stand on my head it spells wow.
            That's just plain wrong!
            Nemo me impune lacessit.

Comment

roflcopter

Comment

I have tattoos and was asked about them during the background investigation, but they weren't a problem. As long as they aren't racist/gang related/etc they didn't have a problem with them.

We had to cover them up during training, but after that visible forearm tattoos weren't an issue. As everyone else said, though, agency specific.
                I miss you, Dave.
                http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6774 users online. 277 members and 6497 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                X