Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A notice to citizen posters

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A notice to citizen posters

    This site is called "ask a cop" not "tell a cop." We know there are many people out there who think they know more than we do and want to rant at us. We hear it every time we put on the uniform. This site is where we come to relax.. don't expect us to be receptive to your uninformed rants about us. If you hate us, fine, go to another site… bye.

    If you are bothered by what we do but are at least smart enough to know there may be a good reason, then fine, just ask us why we do that, then let us respond. We might have an answer you're not expecting. If we don't satisfy you, then go away without comment. I for one know that no one, who is not working in our field, has any information I need to hear. You are not going to be the one citizen who has thought of something we haven't. The blue and Red words over the top say it pretty clear. Only law enforcement officers can post a reply. You are here to learn from us not the other way around, not on this site.
    Originally posted by FJDave
    GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

    District B13
    "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm


    Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

    "I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

    Pope Gregory V II

  • #2
    Originally posted by Garbage Man View Post
    This site is called "ask a cop" not "tell a cop." We know there are many people out there who think they know more than we do and want to rant at us. We hear it every time we put on the uniform. This site is where we come to relax.. don't expect us to be receptive to your uninformed rants about us. If you hate us, fine, go to another site… bye.

    If you are bothered by what we do but are at least smart enough to know there may be a good reason, then fine, just ask us why we do that, then let us respond. We might have an answer you're not expecting. If we don't satisfy you, then go away without comment. I for one know that no one, who is not working in our field, has any information I need to hear. You are not going to be the one citizen who has thought of something we haven't. The blue and Red words over the top say it pretty clear. Only law enforcement officers can post a reply. You are here to learn from us not the other way around, not on this site.
    I hear that brother!! One of my favorite misconceptions that I hear? "But officer, why couldnt they shoot him in the arm or the leg?!" Do me a favor mr citizen. You try and shoot a flailing arm or leg 10 yards away, under duress, with a gun pointing at you. When you can do that, you can tell me how to do my job...
    Last edited by CityCopDC; 12-19-2007, 12:12 AM. Reason: spelling

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Garbage Man View Post
      This site is called "ask a cop" not "tell a cop." We know there are many people out there who think they know more than we do and want to rant at us. We hear it every time we put on the uniform. This site is where we come to relax.. don't expect us to be receptive to your uninformed rants about us. If you hate us, fine, go to another site… bye.

      If you are bothered by what we do but are at least smart enough to know there may be a good reason, then fine, just ask us why we do that, then let us respond. We might have an answer you're not expecting. If we don't satisfy you, then go away without comment. I for one know that no one, who is not working in our field, has any information I need to hear. You are not going to be the one citizen who has thought of something we haven't. The blue and Red words over the top say it pretty clear. Only law enforcement officers can post a reply. You are here to learn from us not the other way around, not on this site.
      Well said!!!
      Stupidity is a self correcting problem.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by CityCopDC View Post
        I hear that brother!! One of my favorite misconceptions that I hear? "But officer, why couldnt they shoot him in the arm or the leg?!" Do me a favor mr citizen. You try and shoot a flailing arm or leg 10 yards away, under duress, with a gun pointing at you. When you can do that, you can tell me how to do my job...
        Yeah, that's the question Secretary of State Warren Christopher asked Col. Charlie Beckwith at the start of the Iran Hostage rescue attempt. Beckwith's reply is a classic."Mr Secretary, I'm gonna kill em all, and let God sort it out". Legend is, Christopher almost stroked. The depth of the ignorance of many citizens, not to mention the media, is almost unbelievable. Okay, that's my rant for the day.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Garbage Man View Post
          This site is called "ask a cop" not "tell a cop." We know there are many people out there who think they know more than we do and want to rant at us. We hear it every time we put on the uniform. This site is where we come to relax.. don't expect us to be receptive to your uninformed rants about us. If you hate us, fine, go to another site… bye.

          If you are bothered by what we do but are at least smart enough to know there may be a good reason, then fine, just ask us why we do that, then let us respond. We might have an answer you're not expecting. If we don't satisfy you, then go away without comment. I for one know that no one, who is not working in our field, has any information I need to hear. You are not going to be the one citizen who has thought of something we haven't. The blue and Red words over the top say it pretty clear. Only law enforcement officers can post a reply. You are here to learn from us not the other way around, not on this site.
          +1!

          Thanks, GM!
          1*

          Comment


          • #6
            I agree. Too often we have to hear from those who have never been in harm's way how we "should" do the job.
            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
            8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

            Comment


            • #7
              "I for one know that no one, who is not working in our field, has any information I need to hear."
              "The depth of the ignorance of many citizens, not to mention the media, is almost unbelievable."

              I just dealt with a similar situation yesterday.

              Thanks for this thread. Somebody might raise a stink or a smart remark about it or get bent out of shape. But that's just too bad.....
              Last edited by flydream777; 12-20-2007, 10:12 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                I like the way a nicely cut gemstone sparkles, but after looking at many over my lifetime, I would not presume to think that I could cut a raw diamond into a setting for a wedding ring.
                LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP BEER!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Very well said Garbage Man. I couldn't agree more.
                  In God we trust, all others we run through NCIC

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Let me ask you guys what you think about what happened to me.....

                    One time my friend......

                    What should I say when I go to court?.....

                    How can the cop do......

                    The cop go a cup of coffee at the 7-11 and didn't have to pay, Isn't this legal?...

                    Why do cops think they can....

                    Do cops write other cops tickets?....


                    That about cover it? You don't mind a logical question, but every 2nd post is the guy that found the "loophole" that will change law enforcement nation-wide, or get his case dismissed /or a P/O in trouble...

                    Stay safe and Merry Christmas Boys and Girls...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                      Let me ask you guys what you think about what happened to me.....

                      One time my friend......

                      What should I say when I go to court?.....

                      How can the cop do......

                      The cop go a cup of coffee at the 7-11 and didn't have to pay, Isn't this legal?...

                      Why do cops think they can....

                      Do cops write other cops tickets?....


                      That about cover it? You don't mind a logical question, but every 2nd post is the guy that found the "loophole" that will change law enforcement nation-wide, or get his case dismissed /or a P/O in trouble...

                      Stay safe and Merry Christmas Boys and Girls...
                      Yup, that pretty well covers it. Merry Christmas.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The one which has always ****ed me off is when your in uniform and a parent is with thier child and says one of the following. I am sure you have heard one or all of them like me before.

                        "See that policeman there! He is gonna (shoot, arrest, or take you away) if you don't start behaving!"

                        When I was new, I didn't say anything, but if it happens now, I jump down the parents throat about it. I cannot stand the ignorance which puts us in a bad light and pushes police to be the bad guy. I was called in by a lady for it once, saying that I was rude, and trying to interfere with her parenting ability after she said police shoot bad kids.

                        My supervisor just rolled his eyes and let her vent and hung up.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Did you ever notice the public does not try to tell their doctor's how to practice medicine, or their dentist how to work on their teeth. Nor do they tell their accountants how to do their taxes. They sure like telling us how to do our jobs.

                          The average citezen would soil their pants if some mutt with a weapon came after them. Let them use a reporter for shield.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Garbage Man View Post
                            If you hate us, fine, go to another site… bye.
                            Agreed, if all you want to do is slam the heroes here. Go away - your mama's callin'

                            If you are bothered by what we do but are at least smart enough to know there may be a good reason, then fine, just ask us why we do that, then let us respond. We might have an answer you're not expecting. If we don't satisfy you, then go away without comment.
                            Gotta be a fly in your ointment there, GM. I have no problem if they are still unsure or curious, if they ask again or pose the question differently. If I "went away without comment" every time I received a lousy answer in life, I wouldn't be the brilliant human encyclopidia I am today!

                            I for one know that no one, who is not working in our field, has any information I need to hear. You are not going to be the one citizen who has thought of something we haven't.
                            SCREEEEEECH! Gotta slam on the brakes on that one! In my humble opinion, a professional peace officer only becomes better if he knows what the public is thinking about and encourages input from them. I always listened intently to citizens. To be sure, for the most part the comments are as others have offered here - but every once in awhile, a gem comes through. We aughta foster that and the trust it took for that citizen to offer it. Just a thought.

                            The blue and Red words over the top say it pretty clear. Only law enforcement officers can post a reply. You are here to learn from us not the other way around, not on this site.
                            Again, I have to call you on this. If we're smart, we will learn more than the citizens we serve, if we just pay attention. They pay us, authorize us and give us the power over their lives. The least we can do is humor them and listen. The most, is to become more professional with their help.
                            The All New
                            2013
                            BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                            Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                            - M1Garand

                            (any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)



                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I liked Garbage Man's "unmolested" version better.
                              Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
                              Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 3308 users online. 226 members and 3082 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X