Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stories of traffic stops and leagal firearms..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny when people that do the same job, and face the same things have to take sides and act like jerks.
    As far as "rights" are concerned; I look at them this way... I don't tell you what church to go to, and you don't tell me what kind of firearm I can own...

Comment

Oh, and that's directed at YOU CitycopDC...
      As far as "rights" are concerned; I look at them this way... I don't tell you what church to go to, and you don't tell me what kind of firearm I can own...

Comment

Originally posted by grog18b View Post
        Funny when people that do the same job, and face the same things have to take sides and act like jerks.
        Just a question... Were I treated that way, I think there would be a civil rights lawsuit filed...
        We are doing the same job? I have no problem with an officer pulling me out the car, handcuffing, me and verifying who I am. And no, I dont NEED to sue......

Comment

Originally posted by CityCopDC View Post
          We are doing the same job? I have no problem with an officer pulling me out the car, handcuffing, me and verifying who I am. And no, I dont NEED to sue......
          I would have a big problem with it. Would any other LEOs on here have a problem if you were off duty, and someone from another juristiction took you out and placed you in handcuffs??? Guess I feel the Constitution is supposed to protect me too?

Comment

I would have a big problem with it. Would any other LEOs on here have a problem if you were off duty, and someone from another juristiction took you out and placed you in handcuffs??? Guess I feel the Constitution is supposed to protect me too?
            I HAVE had it done to me, from another jurisdiction. The officer was very professional and explained his reasons for it and apologized. Your point?

Comment

To the original poster...don't take offense. Live by the sword, die by the sword. If you are gonna carry then be prepared to deal with all the b.s. that may accompany it.

I have mixed feelings on conceal and carry, but that is for a different post. Just remember what a cop thinks; all criminals were law abiding citizens before they became criminals.
              sigpic"To punish and enslave"

Comment

Well said 10-41. Now ladies....we all have to understand that in DC's jurisdiction a concealed handgun is a very serious issue "legal" or not. In my jurisdiction it is very much the same way. One cannot carry a concealed handgun on a military post. If you are civilian LE you have to explain to me in very clear terms why you are carrying a concealed weapon on my post HR 218 or not..... and you will be out of your vehicle possibly handcuffed with your weapon in my posession. having been stopped myself with a loaded pistol on my side, i informed the officer, showed him my credentials [B]KEPT MY HANDS IN CLEAR VIEW [B] and allowed him to carry out the stop as he saw fit. I'm not going to second guess anyone because we are all independent people and can do whatever we feel our careers and lives can handle, but don't tell someone they're jacked up just because they do something differently than you do and perhaps causes some civilian to delay their trip to Wal-Mart by a few minutes so he can go home at the end of the shift.
                http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member1572.png
                You mean I get to have a gun AND handcuffs....how could this get any better?

as seen on www.berettaforum.net

Comment

Opinions are like a-holes, everyone has their own, and they all stink. Nonetheless I asked, and it was answered....interestingly enough.

With that being said, I'm going to refrain from posting as I might be grouped as "some person in this forum" by a keyboard cowboy again.

Comment

Originally posted by warrior_oh58d View Post
                    Well said 10-41. Now ladies....we all have to understand that in DC's jurisdiction a concealed handgun is a very serious issue "legal" or not. In my jurisdiction it is very much the same way. One cannot carry a concealed handgun on a military post. If you are civilian LE you have to explain to me in very clear terms why you are carrying a concealed weapon on my post HR 218 or not..... and you will be out of your vehicle possibly handcuffed with your weapon in my posession.
                    I applaud you for that. I would have ABSOLUTELY no problem with you detaining me and even possibly handcuffing me to ENSURE the encounter ends safely on both parts.

having been stopped myself with a loaded pistol on my side, i informed the officer, showed him my credentials KEPT MY HANDS IN CLEAR VIEW and allowed him to carry out the stop as he saw fit.
                    As long as the officer stopping me doesnt talk down on me and treats me like **** again I have no problems.

I'm not going to second guess anyone because we are all independent people and can do whatever we feel our careers and lives can handle, but don't tell someone they're jacked up just because they do something differently than you do and perhaps causes some civilian to delay their trip to Wal-Mart by a few minutes so he can go home at the end of the shift.
                    Actually it was phrased "treating people like criminals", and "it must be a different breed of human up here."

Comment

Originally posted by dboogie2288 View Post
                      Opinions are like a-holes, everyone has their own, and they all stink. Nonetheless I asked, and it was answered....interestingly enough.

With that being said, I'm going to refrain from posting as I might be grouped as "some person in this forum" by a keyboard cowboy again.
                      Any idea who that "keyboard cowboy" may be?

Comment

Originally posted by dboogie2288 View Post
                        I am a valid IN personal protection permit holder, and carry my glock with me at most times. The past 2 out of 3 times I've been pulled over, I have been ordered out of my vehicle and have been searched/had my car 'lightly' searched to retrieve my weapon. Now, I certainly don't mind having an officer hold onto my firearm during the stop, not an issue, what I do have an issue with is him/her rummaging through my car to retrieve it.

I'm sure it's a legal tightrope, but they know immediately when they take my license as I provide my permit as well, and even before they approach the car my hands are on my door in plain sight so I almost take offense to being pulled out of my car and being searched. I have nothing to hide, if I were ever asked politely for a search, I would consent....provided they put everything back in the trunk that they take out..

My most recent stop (yea yea yea, I have a heavy foot at times... ) was on my motorcycle, and my glock - as well as my wallet, were in my tank bag. Before I ever made a move towards it I advised the officer that I was a permit holder, and that my firearm was in my bag and offered to let him retrieve my wallet. He let me know it was ok, and once all the paperwork was forked over, I stood away from my bike until he was done with everything. I appreciated his response as he did not immediately treat me like I was in the wrong by searching my property.

How do you guys personally handle it, and how do your 'violators' handle your reaction? I'm just curious to know.
                        If I come across you on a traffic stop, and you have a valid permit as well as a firearm. I will ask you for your permit,drivers license and registration. I will return to my car and run your DL info and run your permit as well. If you are good to go-you are good to go. No dramatics. I will not take your weapon. I will not ask to see your weapon. I will not ask you to exit the vehicle. I am not to concerned with a citizen that is exercising their 2nd amendment right. Bottom line? A valid permit holder on a traffic stop is just fine with me. It is no different than any other stop. In my mind, everyone I deal with is armed.

On a side note, do not tolerate exaggerated actions from any law enforcement officer in regards to this subject. If it happens, go with the flow during the stop- then follow up with the officers dept.( if you feel they went over board.) This is Indiana, we do not tolerate that type nonsense.
                        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by j706 View Post
                          I am not to concerned with a citizen that is exercising their 2nd amendment right. Bottom line? A valid permit holder on a traffic stop is just fine with me. It is no different than any other stop. In my mind, everyone I deal with is armed.
                          So your telling me you treat all situations involving armed citizens just the same? "Routine" and "complacent"?

On a side note, do not tolerate exaggerated actions from any law enforcement officer in regards to this subject.
                          So if you walk up to my car, and your hand is on your weapon, can I take that as an "exaggerated action"?

This is Indiana, we do not tolerate that type nonsense.
                          Ensuring YOUR safety is nonsense? Yea, you pull over John Q citizen, do you know what his/her motives/actions truly are? You dont know untill that stop is over and both of you go your seaperate ways. And the fact that you ASSUME that just because Mr Citizen gave you a gun permit and a license that this will be another "routine" traffic stop while you sit in your car running ncic/wales and leave a loaded weapon in the possession of a subject you have stopped?? Your right, that is Indiana.....
                          Last edited by CityCopDC; 12-23-2007, 04:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Law Abiding citizens carrying concealed weapons are an asset to the safety of law enforcement and the public and should be treated as such.
                            If one man can make a difference, every man should.

Comment

Originally posted by saranac View Post
                              Law Abiding citizens carrying concealed weapons are an asset to the safety of law enforcement and the public and should be treated as such.
                              The guy I stopped was a law abiding citizen, albeit the traffic warrant he had for his arrest. He was also legally authorized to carry a firearm.... He's in prison now. Glad I didnt assume he was just "Mr Law Abiding Citizen".....

Comment

One cannot carry a concealed handgun on a military post.
                                Never, ever had a problem carrying on post..... I just show Creds and am told to have a nice day as I go through the gates.....Never, ever been asked by the Contracted Guards if i was packing......

As for driving on post.....obey the law (posted speed limit, stop signs, use your blinker) and one should be just fine.......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4574 users online. 272 members and 4302 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X