300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LE Scholarships for Grad School?

I have been an LE officer for 8 years and decided to go back to school and get my masters. The problem is that my agency doesn't contribute a dime for education. I was wondering if anyone knows of any scholarships or grants specifically for officers already in law enforcement? I have researched it myself and found a couple that offer a couple hundred bucks but it is mostly for kids who plan to go into LE (Explorers, Boys state, etc.)

I am not aware of any.

Comment

Get a Masters in what? It won't help you be a better cop, it will only qualify you to teach at a Jr. College somewhere.

Never heard of any. If you want to go places, get a Masters in "Public Adminstration." You already know by now enough about law enforcement techniques, I would think.
      "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

Comment

Gene has a valid point. Why do you want a master's? If you desire to teach you will need it and it is "preferred" for most command officer positions, but other than that, I don't know what it is going to do for you.

Comment

Well with my agency everyone has atleast a BA so a MA would help for future promotions. Also a few of the officers teach part time (Community Colleges in Charleston) and that is something I am thinking about doing in the future.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5928 users online. 398 members and 5530 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X